E Throttle Issues 350z

Austin23

I recently got my 2003 nissan 350z with a link g4+ plug in tuned, the car only has a exhaust and intake. I've been driving the car for almost 1 month with no issues. But the other day when trying to leave work, when I started my car RPMs were stuck at 2000 and I had no Throttle I could put it to the floor and nothing. I got it to start normally after a couple more tries and got it home no issue I even stopped and shut it off before making it home. But when I got home I had the same issue RPMs at 2k and no pedal. I got my computer and scanned it and had codes 75 (E Throttle 1 TP target error), 73 (aux 9/10 supply error), 71 (Aux supply error e Throttle) 101 (An volt 12 above error High value) 70 ( e Throttle min %DC limit) and the engine speed has been limited to 1800 due to an e throttle fault. I'm just confused because I had no blown fuses, and I could see my throttle position sensor was working as it was moving through the RPM range on my tune, I also replaced the Throttle body with a brand new one so I'm just very confused why I'm still having issues with my Pedal and e Throttle. 

Please help, any help is appreciated sorry I'm still very new to the standalone ecu world lol

Thanks any help is greatly appreciated 

I would guess most likely Code 75 was the initial problem, this is usually a PID tune problem where the throttle is either too slow to get to target or has an unstable oscillation which prevents it stabilising on target.  If the TP cant reach target then the ecu sees this as a safety issue and shuts off the e-throttle relay, this causes error 71 & 73.  The error 101 is unrelated, that is for the AC evap pressure sensor.  

I suggest you set up ECU logging so it is recording E-throttle related stuff all the time, then next time it faults connect up your laptop and download the log and attach here.  

Logging set up like below.  

xTfzCLW.png

Ok these logs arent much use as it has already errored before the log starts.  

I assumed the error was happening randomly while driving which is why I suggested an ecu log to capture it.  Can you try this instead:

1. Turn on ignition, connect PC Link to ecu.
  2. At the top right of your screen, click on the text "PC Log = off", to start a PC log, it should turn green.
  3. Go to e-throttle settings and change the Ethrottle mode to setup.
  4. Move the throttle pedal a few times.
  5. Change E-throttle mode back to "ON", move the throttle pedal a few times.
  6. Click on the "PC Log = record" again to stop the log.  Go to >logging>save log file as, and save the log.
  7. Attach that log here and a copy of your map.  

Ok, that log shows the ecu is not receiving power from the E-throttle relay. 

A quick explanation of the circuit diagram below to help you diagnose.  The ECU is shown as the rectangle at the bottom left.  The ECU grounds pin 104 when it wants to enable the throttle, this should cause the e-throttle relay contacts to close which will send 12V straight from the battery/fuse at the top into pin 3 on the ecu at the bottom. 

Your log shows you only have 4V on ECU pin 3 (should be battery voltage), I would start by checking fuse 87.  If that looks ok then it could be the relay or something deeper in the IPDM.

cboKwxQ.png

wUxHnL1.png

Thank you soo much ended up benign the throttle motor relay (stupid me didn’t realize the circuit had a relay and fuse) 

Now 1 more question how would I go about calibrating my E Throttle and Pedal position sensor? 
Thank you for all your help