Fuel Tuning - Mixture Map/Quick Trim With Closed Loop Lambda ON

mpetrillo

I'm attempting to get a dual fuel table setup dialed in after a MAP sensor swap, I had a couple questions: 

1. Should closed loop lambda corrections be turned off while using mixture map? Or should I be using the math block as mentioned by Adam in this comment as the lambda source: 

2. While using quick trim for manual edits, i'm assuming the same logic applies. Either CLL would need to be off or you would need to look at lambda BEFORE corrections. 

3. In a dual fuel table situation, to tune each fuel table in Mixture map. I would just filter by Fuel Table 2 Active > or < .5 right? 

4. The long term fuel trim feature, how does this handle dual fuel tables or should I just leave it turned off in this situation? 

If this is the case, I feel like link should add a feature where lambda (without corrections) should just be a built-in parameter instead of a manual math block. Or there should be a checkbox in Mixture Map and Quick Trim to include or exclude fuel corrections. 

The simplest way when using mixture maps is to have closed loop off, or create the math channel. 

There is no way to change the lambda source in quick tune to something like math channel currently so if you want to use that you'll need to have closed loop lambda off.   

You're definitley pointing out some issues that I wish were different, but aren't.  I don't believe there is any way to distinguish long term trim to say only target fuel table 1 or figure out differences when interpolating between table 1 and table 2.

On 6/25/2023 at 6:15 AM, mpetrillo said:

Should closed loop lambda corrections be turned off while using mixture map? Or should I be using the math block as mentioned by Adam in this comment as the lambda source:

I generally like to have CLL off when I am tuning.

While using quick trim for manual edits, i'm assuming the same logic applies. Either CLL would need to be off or you would need to look at lambda BEFORE corrections. 

Correct, quick trim only looks at the supplied Target and actual and doesn't take into account any trims.

In a dual fuel table situation, to tune each fuel table in Mixture map. I would just filter by Fuel Table 2 Active > or < .5 right? 

Are you using two distinct Fuels and so only ever in one table or the other or are you doing any blend of two fuels and so interpolating between the two tables? 

The long term fuel trim feature, how does this handle dual fuel tables or should I just leave it turned off in this situation? 

It fills out the LTT tables the same as it would with a single table, it does not look at anything other than the various CLL lockouts.

There is a new user lockout coming in a future release which would allow you to disable CLL and LTT based on whatever you want.

There has also been some work done on allowing the user to specify percentage trims to take into account when generating the mixture map but this hasn't been completed at this point.