DBW closing at high rpm

Michaelwrx

Hi, I have a 2006 wrx ej25

When I go into boost, my dbw decides to shut close and close too far, making it get stuck closed, and I then have to push it open to free it manually.

I have attached the datalog of it happening and also the tune itself.

Thank you.

PC Datalog - 2023-06-26 12;00;02 pm throttle body close.llgx WRX - Updated idel tune 2023.pclx

It doesn't need to be replaced because it was working before, and it has been cleaned. I've had a similar problem with it before, and i posted about it on here, and I received feedback on what to change, and it worked. I think it has something to do with the tune cause it is running really rich, which it was not before.

Im with Vaughan, this very much looks like the gears are damaged to me.  In the log after you lift off and the throttle approaches the closed position, you can see the ecu reverses the duty cycle significantly before the idle target position but the TPS doesnt slow down, it continues to head into the mechanical stop at full speed.  You typically see this behavior when there are some damaged gear teeth so they start to climb on top of each other.  

I would closely inspect the internals if the throttle can be opened, if it cant be opened then I wouldnt risk using it after that, I would replace it as a precaution.  It might be a good idea to reduce the minimum duty cycle a bit so it is not working so hard also.