Recieve acceleration via CAN

PepitoGrillo7182

I have an accelerometer that sends its data via CAN-bus. I want the ECU to read it. The first way to do so is to configure the ECU in the following way:

image.png.ed1014f12984fab675a41e7f58dbab0a.png

image.png.e34ce7c1bd817559a0e4f99eafff5be2.png

But as far as I could guess, this variables are only for transmitting. If I try to store this configuration, the following error appears:

image.png.dbebe5130f9b25121a4306d49ac1599b.png

How can I configure the ECU so the data it recieves is stored inside these variables?

Thank you so much!

• 2 months later...

It ain't that much. The idea is not to have an external datalogger:

• 4x wheel velocity
  • 4x suspension gauges
  • 4x tyre temperature
  • 6x acceleration in all axes (both front & rear)
  • 3x GPS velocity in all axes
  • 2x break pressure (front & rear)
  • IAT, TPS, Lambda... more common sensors

To analyze data, 31 variables ain't that much.

Wheel speeds are CAN frequencies, you have 16 of those available.  You would likely have enough CAN inputs to log all those as raw inputs, assuming they are all <16bit, but unlikely enough GP Inputs to convert all those inputs into calibrated/labelled channels in real-world units.     In terms of GP analog inputs that are needed for the less common input types, there are only 4 x analog, 4 x temp and 4 x pressure so you will have to pick which of those are important to you.  

As Vaughan mentioned there is already a 3 axis accelerometer onboard, I have never seen anyone use 2 accelerometers. 

Im not sure what you mean by 3 x GPS velocity, I haven't seen a CAN GPS device that outputs velocity of each axis separately.  But if it really does then these would also be CAN Frequency inputs like the wheel speeds.