R34 Skyline wheel speed sensors for traction control.

Vk45R34

Hi I've done a few different searches and not found exactly what I'm looking for. I have a couple of questions. 

I have a R34 non turbo sedan that I've fitted a VK45DE+T engine and manual transmission to and I'm currently in the process of wiring In a G4+ Xtreme ecu. 

As I want to run traction control I'm wanting to know if I can just tap into the abs wheel speed sensor wires and hook up to spare DI's

I'm worried that the max 500Hz won't be enough as the front sensors reference value is 200Hz at 30kph and rear sensor is 400Hz at 30kph. 

I think I saw in another post that there is a signal splitter that can be used so where can I get these from. 

Also is there any information anywhere or a base map or configuration data for a VK45de engine? 

I'll be using a rotary switch to change boost control and traction control etc. Can it also be used to enable or disable things like  launch control etc with the different positions. 

16885282544968953608047877437065.jpg

• 1 month later...

I used the standard S15 ABS sensors (similar to R34?) with a Fury G4+ and it worked well. I think the only issue I had was when I changed to the diff snout speed sensor, which created a higher frequency and topped out around 200kph.

Ill find the exact frequencies I was reading, because the ecu can handle more than 500hz

It was around 250kph it maxed out as you can see by the spikes in rear wheel speed. I didn't log the frequency sorry.

ScreenShot2023-08-07at8_24_10pm.png.f4c095d2871887129d36efb3fc35ed85.png

I actually found a log from my friends 370Z, different ABS speed sensors, but I logged the DI input on his. It gets up to 1550hz and the signal is still ok.

ScreenShot2023-08-07at8_29_35pm.png.cedd0447ba94ae3026f64c5bfbf6f365.png

You will need frequency dividers or a CAN wheel speed device for a G4+.  You dont want a random dropout at high speed if you are using traction control, it will give an instant 100% cut which could be quite a scary event. 

I have used these before: https://shop.vems.hu/catalog/hall-p-162.html