G4+ thunder VQ35HR engine unstable rpm cranking

AP1

Hello,

I've tried to start my vq35HR engine , but the rpm signal is unstable.

I've used the VQ35HR trigger setup mode, and i had to activate the pullup on both triggers 1 and 2 to get a signal.

I've wired the sensors as done as original, so: pin1:+5v, pin2: ground, pin3: ecu signal

I've used as trigger 2 the intake cam sensor bank 1, (passenger side).

Had you ever seen this problem?

Hanve you any idea for help?

Thanks

Antoine

VQ35HR ecu setup.JPG

VQ35HR triggers erros.llg Trigger Scope Log errors.llg

Be aware that "passenger side" doesnt mean a lot when the driver is on a different side of the car in different countries. 

Your post says bank 1 cam sensor is wired to trigger 2, but in your map this is set to LH Intake so that seems to contradict that.  Bank 1 is the RH side of the engine.  Bank 1 is the one with Cyl # 1, 3 & 5.

Looking through my notes I'm pretty sure the correct set up for the VQ35HR with a G4+ is as follows:

• Bank 2 intake cam (LH side if you are sitting in the car) should be connected to trigger 2.  Trigger 2 VVT cam type set to Inlet/LH.
  • Bank 1 intake cam connected to DI1, cam type assigned as Inlet/RH.  

Update to the latest firmware as you are on quite an old one, the Vq35HR trigger mode was only just added in V5.6.6 so the offset may not have been known at that point.  

The notes I have from the first engine we tested on had the offset at 142.  Usually that would get hardcoded into the trigger mode after it was proven but it may not have.  So try the offset at 0 and 142 and confirm with a timing light.  

I dont see any other reason it wont run in the log, you have stable RPM, inj PW, Ign dwell, and no cuts so all vitals are there.  

You have to set offsets on every engine as the cams are never in exactly the same position.  You may even need to use user-defined VVT mode on this engine, im not sure how different the cam waveform is to the standard VQ35.  

There are instructions in the help file explaining how to set up user-defined mode if it is still not happy with vq35 mode.