G4x Lambda 1 signal error

evo5guy

Hey everyone was hoping someone here can guide me in the right direction. I just switched for a link G4+ to a G4x with a new motor setup and will be getting a tune soon but first I need to figure out why the new ecu wont read my wideband. its wired the exact same way as before but I keep getting a Lambda 1 Signal error and a AV volt 2 below error low value. An volt 2 is where i have the wideband setup for any help would be appreciated  

Your Lambda Cal isn't configured. Here, load this.evo5guy-FixedLambda.pclx

Also looking at your tune file quickly. Your deadtimes look wrong because they increase after 16v. And since youre running modelled fueling you probably want to turn off IAT fuel correction.

Your RPM limit tanks to 1000rpm at 130deg as well which would be a rude shock if you ever got that hot.

6 hours ago, DerekAE86 said:

Your Lambda Cal isn't configured. Here, load this.evo5guy-FixedLambda.pclx

Also looking at your tune file quickly. Your deadtimes look wrong because they increase after 16v. And since youre running modelled fueling you probably want to turn off IAT fuel correction.

Your RPM limit tanks to 1000rpm at 130deg as well which would be a rude shock if you ever got that hot.

ill try the table out and see if that was the issue. 

You have Lambda 1 set up on An Volt 7 but the voltage on An Volt 7 is down at 0.2-0.3V for the entire log which would indicate that input is floating.

Do you have a wiring diagram for your wideband controller, does it have a reference ground pin that needs to be wired to the ECU ground and did you connect this?
Also I can see that the voltage on An Volt 6 is changing but it isn't setup as anything in the ECU, have you accidentally wired the Lambda signal up to An Volt 6 instead of 7?

10 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

You have Lambda 1 set up on An Volt 7 but the voltage on An Volt 7 is down at 0.2-0.3V for the entire log which would indicate that input is floating.

Do you have a wiring diagram for your wideband controller, does it have a reference ground pin that needs to be wired to the ECU ground and did you connect this?
Also I can see that the voltage on An Volt 6 is changing but it isn't setup as anything in the ECU, have you accidentally wired the Lambda signal up to An Volt 6 instead of 7?

I just have it wired up to an expansion loom. I’ll double check on which volt I had it rewired to and go from there. As for the ground on the aem wiring diagram it just says black cable to chassis ground should I have it wired up to the loom?

IMG_0233.png

4 minutes ago, evo5guy said:

I just have it wired up to an expansion loom. I’ll double check on which volt I had it rewired to and go from there. As for the ground on the aem wiring diagram it just says black cable to chassis ground should I have it wired up to the loom?

That looks like an older style one so just the one ground to chassis is fine, newer ones have a chassis ground and a reference ground. You may find that the value in the ECU doesn't always match the value on the gauge due to the lack of a reference ground wire.

6 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

That looks like an older style one so just the one ground to chassis is fine, newer ones have a chassis ground and a reference ground. You may find that the value in the ECU doesn't always match the value on the gauge due to the lack of a reference ground wire.

I see so would it just be better to go out and get a x series and wire that up? 

2 hours ago, evo5guy said:

I see so would it just be better to go out and get a x series and wire that up? 

I sold mine to some poor unsuspecting soul and bought a Link CAN Lambda and a 52m GaugeART CAN gauge to fill the hole.
Now I can display heaps of other parameters instead of just the AFR readout.

44 minutes ago, DerekAE86 said:

I sold mine to some poor unsuspecting soul and bought a Link CAN Lambda and a 52m GaugeART CAN gauge to fill the hole.
Now I can display heaps of other parameters instead of just the AFR readout.

I was thinking of doing that over the winter. For now I just wanna drive it and break in all the new parts 

Just be mindful that the older AEM gauge itself will display the accurate reading from the sensor, but the information the ECU receives from the gauge will be different (even day to day) because of the lack of the dedicated sensor ground reference. So it makes it useless as a tuning aid.

All it's good for is to glance at the gauge and feel comfortable that you're in a good AFR range.

2 hours ago, DerekAE86 said:

Just be mindful that the older AEM gauge itself will display the accurate reading from the sensor, but the information the ECU receives from the gauge will be different (even day to day) because of the lack of the dedicated sensor ground reference. So it makes it useless as a tuning aid.

All it's good for is to glance at the gauge and feel comfortable that you're in a good AFR range.

sounds good thanks for all your help. ill slap in a x series wideband for now and look into the link can lambda over the winter

1 hour ago, evo5guy said:

Hey so I got a x series wideband and I’m looking at the CAN connector but there’s a couple different options how would I determine which one to get?

Do you mean CAN connectors for connecting to the ECU? I'm going to assume you have an Evo 4-8 plugin ECU and so you will have two 5 pin white plugs, one for CAN1 and the other for CAN2, either can be used.

Cables that plug into them are https://dealers.linkecu.com/CANPCB_2 or https://dealers.linkecu.com/ADA_2, I would probably recommend going with the Deutsch connector one.

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

Do you mean CAN connectors for connecting to the ECU? I'm going to assume you have an Evo 4-8 plugin ECU and so you will have two 5 pin white plugs, one for CAN1 and the other for CAN2, either can be used.

Cables that plug into them are https://dealers.linkecu.com/CANPCB_2 or https://dealers.linkecu.com/ADA_2, I would probably recommend going with the Deutsch connector one.

Thank you so much for your help. That’s exactly what I needed 

On 8/21/2023 at 3:25 PM, Vaughan said:

Hey sorry for all the questions,  I installed the X series wideband last night and it was still throwing Lambda 1 Signal error and a AV volt 6 below error low value. I've checked the wiring 3 times and everything seems fine would this possibly a calibration issue? i also just wired it up to the expansion loom for the time being. 

Have you changed the Lambda 1 Lambda sensor control from An Volt 6 to Link CAN? Have you set up a receive stream for the AEM gauge in the CAN setup window? If you attach a copy of your tune I can probably change those settings

17 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Have you changed the Lambda 1 Lambda sensor control from An Volt 6 to Link CAN? Have you set up a receive stream for the AEM gauge in the CAN setup window? If you attach a copy of your tune I can probably change those settings

I didn’t wire it up using the CAN connection it’s still on the expansion loom using AN volt 6. I can upload the map with a log file