R33 RB25 G4X NGTR Crank Trigger Wiring + Setup

ThatDriftyR33

Hi everyone !

Got a small question regarding the wiring & setup of a Cam + Crank Trigger Kit. Me & my tuner are slightly confused. Using on an R33 GTST Spec 2 RB25 with a Plug-In NGTR G4X.

Bought a Crank Trigger by MZR Garage (Crank Trigger Kit) which uses a 36-2 Trigger Disc with a reluctant/magnetic position sensor by Bosch.

Wired it on the original ECU at Pin 42 as I have read on a different post that pin 42 or 52 can be used as to be the Crank Position Sensor 1° and then a simple ground.

In the settings itself we have used (Trigger 1) :

Trigger 1 Type : Reluctor

Trigger 1 Filtering : Level 1 (Low)

Trigger 1 Edge : Rising

Tooth Count : 32

Number of missing teeth : 2

For the Cam, I have bought the one by NZ Wirimg (Cam Trigger Kit) using a 24-1 Trigger Disc and using OEM Wiring + Plug with a Bosch Reluctor Sensor aswell.

As for settings we went for this Trigger 2 :

Trigger 2 Type : Reluctor

Trigger 2 Filtering : Level 1 (Low)

Trigger 2 Edge : Rising

Sync Mode : Cam Pulse 1x

When cranking we do get an RPM signal but only about 90rpm, which normally should be around 200. Is there a setting that we might have missed or incorrectly setted up?

We will look tomorrow correctly with oscilloscope to see if both sensors a working correctly as we are having the idea that we are only getting an rpm signal from the Cam sensor.

We used this post as a base and adapted to our parts.

https://forums.linkecu.com/topic/6382-ross-trigger-kit-rb26/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trigger 1 tooth count should be 36.

Trigger 1 Edge setting shouldn't be visible it type is set to reluctor.

Using a 24-1 disk on the cam will not provide a proper sync signal, you want a single tooth on the cam when using cam pulse mode.

Also not a bad idea to provide a trigger scope so that the polarity of the reluctor triggers can be checked.

1 minute ago, Vaughan said:

Trigger 1 tooth count should be 36.

Trigger 1 Edge setting shouldn't be visible it type is set to reluctor.

Using a 24-1 disk on the cam will not provide a proper sync signal, you want a single tooth on the cam when using cam pulse mode.

Also not a bad idea to provide a trigger scope so that the polarity of the reluctor triggers can be checked.

Tooth count is 36, my mistake while typing the post.

As for the cam, you recommend changing the Cam Trigger Kit to something with a single tooth like this?

xlarge-MZR-CAM-RB.jpg

Should be able to provide you a trigger scope picture tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Adamw said:

The rest sounds correct.  

You could possibly get the NZ Wiring cam trigger to work as a sync by grinding off all teeth except 1 if you already own it.  

Thanks Adam.

I'm slightly scarred of grinding the Teeth out. I'm scared that the remaining tooth might not become on sync with the Crank Triggering. Or should I grind out all the teeth except the last before the "gap" arrives? So both gaps are on sync?