Fuel Trim/Duty Cycle

Adam Rozek

New to Link Engine Management and I haven't done more than start the car and get everything working.  I am scheduled to dyno the car this week and am concerned I have some sort of fuel trim on that is limiting my injectors.  I have spots in my Fuel table that are 130 or 140 and the injector duty cycle is never higher than 29%.  I am running ID1050X's and I used the Link Characterization Tables tables to input Short Pulse Width and Dead time.  I also reduced my flow rate because I am running ethanol (e85).  

This is a G4+ Extreme ECU on a LS motor (6.7L High Compression Build).  I have attached my base map if anyone wants to take a look I would greatly appreciate it.  

LS 350z Rozek.pclr

A couple of other comments, not all related to your issue but something to consider

• The fuel and oil pressure calibration values should be entered in Kpa (i.e. change the output units to kpa and enter 517kpa instead of 75psi for example).  It will then read currently on screen in both unit systems and will be correct for any other tables and functions using these runtimes.  At the moment you arent using fuel pressure in the fuel calculation so it is not affecting the tune, but the ecu currently thinks your fuel pressure is 44kpa instead of 44psi.  
  • Your ethanol content sensor shows 26% ethanol, not the 85% you mentioned in your post.  If you want to do flex fuel with variable eth content then you really want to start your tuning on an unblinded fuel first, then change to multi-fuel mode and tune the 2nd fuel later.
  • You have 2 analog inputs set up as ECT, this will not work correctly.  If you have 2 coolant temp sensors, set up one as a GP temp.  
  • Most likely you will need to change your trigger mode to "LS2/LS7 90 offset", which is by far the most common one.  (There are 2 variations of the position of the cam teeth).

14 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Your stoichiometric ratio is set to 14.7 (gasoline) not the correct value for e85, this will mean less fuel is being put in.

Thank you sir.  I changed it to 9.7, put my flow rate back at 1050 and was able to scale down the Fuel Map.

13 hours ago, Adamw said:

A couple of other comments, not all related to your issue but something to consider

• The fuel and oil pressure calibration values should be entered in Kpa (i.e. change the output units to kpa and enter 517kpa instead of 75psi for example).  It will then read currently on screen in both unit systems and will be correct for any other tables and functions using these runtimes.  At the moment you arent using fuel pressure in the fuel calculation so it is not affecting the tune, but the ecu currently thinks your fuel pressure is 44kpa instead of 44psi.  
  • Your ethanol content sensor shows 26% ethanol, not the 85% you mentioned in your post.  If you want to do flex fuel with variable eth content then you really want to start your tuning on an unblinded fuel first, then change to multi-fuel mode and tune the 2nd fuel later.
  • You have 2 analog inputs set up as ECT, this will not work correctly.  If you have 2 coolant temp sensors, set up one as a GP temp.  
  • Most likely you will need to change your trigger mode to "LS2/LS7 90 offset", which is by far the most common one.  (There are 2 variations of the position of the cam teeth).

Thank you for reviewing my base map.  I had noticed my 2nd temp sensor wasn't acting right so I will make the changes you recommend as well as review everything else.

Regarding Trigger mode, I am actually running a gen 3 cam sensor location with a 58 tooth crankshaft trigger wheel.  I changed to the 58 tooth crank position sensor and the car has been running great in LS2/LS7 without the 90 degree offset.  I did try the 90 degree offset during initial setup and I don't think I was able to get an RPM reading.  I can try it again if you think it is better suited for my setup.