Miata automatic trans

kevin p

10 hours ago, kevin p said:

Is it possible to run a link PNP in a 2000 Miata auto? I notice that it has a TCM.

I haven't tested this but have been asked this a couple of times recently. The factory auto trans computer in all NA and NBs seems to work almost completely separate of the Engine ECU with some inputs like throttle position being shared.

The attached images below are for a 2000 model and show all of the auto trans computer connections to the ECU.

• Trans computer pins AL and O (ECU pins 1K and 1N) have an unknown purpose.
  • Trans computer pin AG (ECU pin 2K) is definitely a data link connection which is most likely used for debugging purposes and so not required.
  • Trans computer pins U and R (ECU pins 3E and 2I) both appear to be used to get a TPS signal into the trans computer, this functionality should still work with the Link ECU just fine.

So pretty much you can either scope what is happening on ECU pins 1K and 1N to see what they are for, or disconnect them and see if things still work. If you can confirm you either don't need those pins or if you figure out how to replicate them then it should all just work with the Link ECU.

NB1 auto trans comp.PNG

B1c.PNG

B1b.PNG

B1a.PNG

If it does all just work let us know so we can update our documentation