Audi a4 b6 1.8t

AudiB6

Hello everyone I’m new to the link ecu I have the ttlink xtreme and it’s going into my Audi a4 b6 Quattro is a 2003 5 speed with a Awm head. Amb block. It’s going to b running 550cc injectors and a gt3076 turbo. The injectors are in car now with a k04 turbo in the car. Was looking for some help to what it is I need to switch around on the tt map to get a good base start up. 

My full mod list is

k04-015 turbo 

Bosch 550cc injectors 

Catless downpipe w/ full straight pipe

Catch can with full deletes 

no diverter valve no bov

front mount intercooler 

it’s tuned on a me7.5 ecu right now and I have all files for it. 
Another question would b can I take a base map from my tuner pro rt program and copy paste to the link ecu file? 
Thank u in advance! Hope to hear back soon

If needed to add files I can do so as well. But don’t have anything for link as I’m jus starting out. 

Also have r8 coil packs installed 

I would expect our base map would still run it fine.  Turn off e-throttle if you have cable throttle, go through the normal prestart checks as per the manual and it shouldn't take much more than that.  

Copying an ignition map from an OEM ecu wont be a lot of use in general as they will usually be mass flow or efficiency-based load and often have many other factors playing a part in the final advance the engine actually sees.  

So I will b going through the basics today to see if I can get a first start up.  then gonna b figuring out the rest of the fuel set up and boost down the line alil gonna slowly creep the boost up till it’s where I’m currently at. Gonna try to take it slow and steady to prevent mishaps 

On 9/1/2023 at 11:35 PM, Adamw said:

I would expect our base map would still run it fine.  Turn off e-throttle if you have cable throttle, go through the normal prestart checks as per the manual and it shouldn't take much more than that.  

Copying an ignition map from an OEM ecu wont be a lot of use in general as they will usually be mass flow or efficiency-based load and often have many other factors playing a part in the final advance the engine actually sees.  

I cannot get the injectors or coils to test. Nothing is working on that. Fuel pump primes and all other test work as of throttle and what not but no clicking when testing the injectors or coils 

Provided the injection and ignition modes are set to anything except off, then the injection and ignition test functions will fire the outputs.  If you dont hear injectors clicking or see coils sparking when using the test functions then the pinout must be different or something.  

Your trigger scope shows you have trigger 1 set to hall effect but it actually has a reluctor sensor.  

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

Provided the injection and ignition modes are set to anything except off, then the injection and ignition test functions will fire the outputs.  If you dont hear injectors clicking or see coils sparking when using the test functions then the pinout must be different or something.  

Your trigger scope shows you have trigger 1 set to hall effect but it actually has a reluctor sensor.  

So I actually switched that around after sending that out. And went back to the oe setting. Still didn’t see anything and how do I turn them from off to on? What should I try now? 

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

Also everything else seems to work fine like full pump and throttle. 

Also took this photo as it wasn’t showing on my logs for me. This was once I switched it around to the oe setting. How do I go about turning the ignition system on? 

IMG_7285.jpeg

Sorry I’m blowing this up. Jus really excited for this as it will set my project off to the max as I have a big turbo getting all the parts needed to b put right in. I’m very confused as to why I can’t turn on ignition coils and injectors 

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

If the pin outs are different(which I found out are) how do I go about switching it? Do I have to rewire my harness or can I change the pin out on the program? Thank u again

56 minutes ago, Adamw said:

For injector and coil outputs, you need to change the wiring to match the ecu.

Gotcha so is it worth jus re wiring a factory harness I have that’s spare and use that? 

I’m using this harness as a mock-up seeing what is in same position and what is missing 

IMG_7293.jpeg

It is not a model we have done any research on so I dont know how much different it is.  Stuff like aux outputs and analog inputs are pretty universal so if there are differences in these areas some of them probably can just be taken care of by settings changes.  But where a wire is connected to a pin that was intended for a completely different function then those will need to be re-pinned.

I would expect you only need to shuffle pins around in the connector, not actually cut up the loom.   

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

It is not a model we have done any research on so I dont know how much different it is.  Stuff like aux outputs and analog inputs are pretty universal so if there are differences in these areas some of them probably can just be taken care of by settings changes.  But where a wire is connected to a pin that was intended for a completely different function then those will need to be re-pinned.

I would expect you only need to shuffle pins around in the connector, not actually cut up the loom.   

Yea this is jus a spare loom I have laying around so I can use for reference when swapping pins on main harness. I have pins sorted out on mock-up harness now. But gonna wait to pull trigger as this is my daily driver. 

On 9/4/2023 at 4:09 PM, AudiB6 said:

If the pin outs are different(which I found out are) how do I go about switching it? Do I have to rewire my harness or can I change the pin out on the program? Thank u again

Do you have a factory ECU pin-out picture by chance. Assuming mine (factory ECU) is the same as yours, and wouldn't hurt to look it over to compare. 

1 hour ago, Cody M said:

Do you have a factory ECU pin-out picture by chance. Assuming mine (factory ECU) is the same as yours, and wouldn't hurt to look it over to compare. 

Are u saying of jus the ecu plug in? Not the diagram right? I don’t have diagram. Haven’t found one yet. But I’m still looking. I’m going to jus make a whole new harness from a junkyard one I think jus for the stand alone. But I will get u a picture of my me7.5 ecu pinout on the actual ecu but don’t think that would help. I need a diagram with PIN numbers and definitions so I can swap what’s needed 

36 minutes ago, DerekAE86 said:

How do you know the pins are in different locations if you don't have a factory diagram for your car?

Are you tracing every wire back from every plug?

Because when going through all settings I get no ignition or coil testing. No start. I know it’s because it’s a 2003 a4 and this stand-alone  is usually used on Audi tt or gti or even seat I believed I’ve seen. Some things are different in the ecu pinouts even in the b6 Audi sedans the ecu number is different but so are some plug pins. Some are cross compatible even cross flashable but not all are able to b interchanged. Like I can put my vw Passat ecu into my car into fire it up and run but the fans won’t shut off(Immo user is off) 

2 minutes ago, David Ferguson said:

Here is a service manual with wiring diagrams.   I think you need something like this if you are adapting a factory harness.

http://www.bentleypublishers.com/audi/repair-information/audi-a4-2002-2008-repair-manual.html

Any free ones? 

13 minutes ago, AudiB6 said:

Because when going through all settings I get no ignition or coil testing. No start. I know it’s because it’s a 2003 a4 and this stand-alone  is usually used on Audi tt or gti or even seat I believed I’ve seen. Some things are different in the ecu pinouts even in the b6 Audi sedans the ecu number is different but so are some plug pins. Some are cross compatible even cross flashable but not all are able to b interchanged. Like I can put my vw Passat ecu into my car into fire it up and run but the fans won’t shut off(Immo user is off) 

I have an 04 A4 and also don't have ignition. I think my crank sensor is the problem. I do have spark through 'testing mode' but nothing, cranking. I've also been looking for pin-outs to compare that's why I asked. It just sounded like you had one. Good luck man! 

1 hour ago, Cody M said:

I have an 04 A4 and also don't have ignition. I think my crank sensor is the problem. I do have spark through 'testing mode' but nothing, cranking. I've also been looking for pin-outs to compare that's why I asked. It just sounded like you had one. Good luck man! 

If u have normal ecu does everything work fine? Cuz mine fires up on stock ecu. Everything is basically brand new! If u find anything plz lmk! I’m gonna jus buy a junkyard harness and repin what I need 

16 hours ago, AudiB6 said:

If u have normal ecu does everything work fine? Cuz mine fires up on stock ecu. Everything is basically brand new! If u find anything plz lmk! I’m gonna jus buy a junkyard harness and repin what I need 

Unfortunately, I don't have a stock ECU. I sent mine out to get tuned/flashed and never received it back. So now we here haha. I'm in the same boat basically everything is new in the engine bay and can't wait to fire it up! 

1 hour ago, Cody M said:

Unfortunately, I don't have a stock ECU. I sent mine out to get tuned/flashed and never received it back. So now we here haha. I'm in the same boat basically everything is new in the engine bay and can't wait to fire it up! 

What ecu u need? I have some spares