Individual EGT setup.

k4nnon

Hey all I am thinking about purchasing and installing an individual egt sensor kit. The particular kit I am looking at is the Innovate TC-4 Thermocouple Amplifier Kit with 4 included K-Type sensors. I have a setup question before I make the purchase. I have a PnP G4x for my evo 9. I have both expansion harnesses and both are running out of space already. I have AN Temp 4 available on harness 1, and I have AN Volt 6, 7, and 9 available on harness 2. The Innovate amplifier has 4, 0-5V outputs that I can input to the link. My question is in regards to AN temp 4 that has the 1k internal resistor. Will this cause an issue in set up since I cannot turn it off? Will setup be the exact same as the other voltage inputs? I assume they dont need a resistor since the amplifier is a 0-5v output, or will all inputs to the g4x need 1k resistors? If anyone has any helpful input I appreciate it. Thanks.

4 hours ago, dx4picco said:

Maybe it would be more interesting to use a amplifier that uses CAN rather than analog values? 

It would avoid offset issues and doesn't clog up your wiring / I/Os

Thankyou for the input! I was actually going to write in my original post that I did look at the CAN stuff. The difference in cost is quite a bit, about half actually. So if I can get the cheaper option to work I would rather do that, but maybe ill take another look around. Thanks again!

1 hour ago, dx4picco said:

ECU master EGT to can seems to be about the same price as the inovate analog one.

Thanks again, I briefly looked at that one the other day but i didnt take notice to if it provided 4 thermocouplers or if i needed to make a another purchase on those. Ill look into it thanks again!