Best Relay on R33 for CAN Lambda power wire

R33Beech

• R33Beech changed the title to Best Relay on R33 for CAN Lambda power wire

The power supply wont affect accuracy.  However its good to have as stable voltage as possible as many of the sensor tests that the CAN lambda performs to confirm the sensor is good rely on it being stable.  I dont know the R33 chassis well enough to suggest a particular relay, but you could look at a wiring diagram for a relay that gets its power as directly as possible from the battery and with no "noisy" devices connected such as ignition coils etc.   

Okay thanks! In my one day of research so far, I can’t seem to find relay wiring diagrams. I asked because my lambda readings were around .68-.70 at idle with lambda table set for .90. I set my injector size, dead time, and pulse width (taken from ID’s website). I was leaning the mixture out and the reading randomly jumped from .88 to 2.1 lambda. Somehow the car didn’t die, I started adding back in and it jumped back to .84.

so maybe I chose poorly on the relay?

As I already said, the power supply wont affect the accuracy.  If the lambda is working without reporting errors then it has an adequate power supply.  

If the engine is running with 2.1 lambda being measured then it is likely an air leak or a misfire pushing oxygen through the exhaust.