ECUMaster CAN Switch Board V3 - CAN Auxes

essb00

Hi...
First time setting up ECUMaster CAN Switch Board V3.

I just finished all the soldering and have tried to connect and test.
All 8 CAN Analog Inputs and all 8 CAN Digital Inputs have been tested working. However, all 4 CAN Auxes do not work -- they constantly read +12V even with the CAN Aux Tests.

Did I miss anything? :blink:

Thanks...

image.thumb.png.481740edf3165ad5b827fad89b805991.png

image.png.9f620693cdf3b95a67a4738ac13e2ca0.png

CAN Aux 1 works as it should with this setup - has 'High' at inactive state, 'Low' in active state,
....but not CAN Aux 2, 3, 4 (inactive states are in 'Low' --- quite complicated, more described below).

image.thumb.png.e81a3d6834226de2058446a087016610.png

Some combinations I've tried and the outcomes: CAN Aux 2, 3, 4 (inactive states are in 'Low')
Whenever CAN Aux 2 'Test' is turned to 'On", CAN Aux 3 turns 'High'.
Whenever CAN Aux 3 'Test' is turned to 'On', CAN Aux 4 turns 'High' --- and CAN Aux 3 turns 'Low' (when is already on 'High').
Whenever CAN Aux 4 'Test' is turned to 'On', CAN Aux 3 turns 'Low' (when is already on 'High')

Confusing, isn't it?

Put stream 4 back to MS byte order, you can see in the visual frame at the bottom of your setup screen all the start positions are now messed up.  The stream was set up correctly before, all you needed to change was channel 4 to transmit user stream 4 as Kris suggested.  If it didnt work like that then your problem is elsewhere.  I would turn off the OBD2 also while you are testing.   

You dont have CAN Aux 1-4 assigned to anything in your map so they will be outputting a "2" via CAN.  When you set it to test they will be outputting a 1.  

So most likely the ECU master device considers anything >0 to be "on", so you wont see any difference between the two states that the ecu is sending and the switchboard wont handle "Off" or "Fault" statuses correctly. 

If you actually assign CAN aux 1-4 to the function you want to use them for then the inactive/active states will at least work correctly.  

IjG8V7d.png 

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

You dont have CAN Aux 1-4 assigned to anything in your map so they will be outputting a "2" via CAN.  When you set it to test they will be outputting a 1.  

So most likely the ECU master device considers anything >0 to be "on", so you wont see any difference between the two states that the ecu is sending and the switchboard wont handle "Off" or "Fault" statuses correctly. 

If you actually assign CAN aux 1-4 to the function you want to use them for then the inactive/active states will at least work correctly.  

Oh, wow... You're absolutely right... :o After I assigned a function and did the test from there, all 4 CAN Auxiliaries worked as they should.
Thanks! :lol: