Where to send suspected faulty parts

Island_Racer

So, I purchased and installed a link 4bar map sensor to use in place of my oem st205 map sensor while en route to 35psi boost.

Installed properly, set the an volt 3 to use link 4 bar instead of st205, did a calibration.

car runs fine, sounds just as healthy as with the oem map sensor…..after the car warms up though…lets say 10-15 minutes….the car starts to idle erratically and my afr’s are up to like 17-18 so naturally i shut off the car and get my computer.

Open the link app (link g4x ecu btw) and the error code for error low range on map sensor….so map sensor not working properly…i sit for 10 or so minutes thinking why and how and then clear the code and start the car again just because.

car comes back up like nothing was wrong….but another 10 or so minutes again…down and same error code flashes.

this time i touch the map sensor and realize it is “hot”

where can this get sent to for assessment and replacement?? Is that a thing? Are there warranties on these things?

ps. I put back on my oem map sensor (set back the an volt 3 back to oem sensor) and went driving that night….im stuck at 25psi until i figure out why this new map sensor letting me down. Really want to get up to 35psi.

10 hours ago, koracing said:

Where and how did you wire up the 4 bar map sensor?  To expansion or via the OEM wiring?

I used the oem wiring. I used my multi meter to verify which pin was VC (5V sensor source), PIM (sensor response) and E2 (sensor ground).

i also made sure to change the sensor type in the an volt 3 to the link 4 bar then did a map sensor calobration.

was i to use something else?

3 hours ago, essb00 said:

Could you attach a copy of your tune file (*.pclx)? Also PC log of when the error appears.
It may be just a configuration error.

I didnt log it….i got upset, changed back to my oem sensor and went for a drive to cool off my mood…lol

It sounds to me like you wired it correctly, just double checking.  +5V should have been Red, Ground should have been Brown, and PIM (Pressure Intake Manifold - is how I think about the PIM acronym anyway) should have been Gray/Black stripe on the ST205.  Were you getting reasonable readings until it warmed up?  

Personally I've used the Omni Supra 4bar MAP sensor that is plug in for the OEM Toyota connector quite a bit with good results.

I wanna say at vacuum the voltage i saw was like 1.1 +/- 0.2 

or something like that...honestly cant recall.....for sure after it started acting funny it was down below 0.05 and triggered the low error.

i will get myself one of those omni supra 4 bar sensors then:

1. what do i put it as when i get it and need to calibrate? i dont see "supra 4 bar" as an option.

21 hours ago, koracing said:

It sounds to me like you wired it correctly, just double checking.  +5V should have been Red, Ground should have been Brown, and PIM (Pressure Intake Manifold - is how I think about the PIM acronym anyway) should have been Gray/Black stripe on the ST205.  Were you getting reasonable readings until it warmed up?  

Personally I've used the Omni Supra 4bar MAP sensor that is plug in for the OEM Toyota connector quite a bit with good results.

?? What sensor name do i use?

Two options: just use "4 bar" and it is usually pretty close or - create a custom linear calibration for it.  0.56v - 50kpa, 4.8V - 400kpa.  Those calibrations may be the same but it doesn't disclose in the Link help menu what the built in calibrations actually are.

8 hours ago, koracing said:

Two options: just use "4 bar" and it is usually pretty close or - create a custom linear calibration for it.  0.56v - 50kpa, 4.8V - 400kpa.  Those calibrations may be the same but it doesn't disclose in the Link help menu what the built in calibrations actually are.

Which option do you use personally.