Incorrect Lambda Reading AEM X Series CAN

EV0lv3d

Hello,

I have an AEM X Series UEGO gauge connected to my link g4x pnp ecu. I configured it as instructed in the help files and I am getting a reading through lambda 1. The issue is that the reading is consistently around .6 AFR lower in link than what the gauge is displaying. I have a can analyzer at the end of the canbus for realdash with a 120 OHM integral resistor which I'm not having any issues with, but could it be interfering with the signal for the AFR in some way?

The gauge transmits the Lambda value (actual measured value) over the CAN and when you are looking at AFR instead of Lambda in the ECU the conversion is done using the Specified Stoichiometric Ratio which you have set to 14.10 but the gauge when displaying AFR will be using a stoichiometric ratio of 14.7 not 14.1 for its conversion from Lambda to AFR.

For example if the gauge measures a lambda of 0.9 then it will display an afr of 0.9*14.7 = 13.3 Where the ECU will display 0.9 * 14.1 = 12.69.

If you want to see the values match you will need to either change both the gauge and PCLink to display Lambda instead of AFR or change the ECU Stoich value

14.1 is about correct for E10 fuel, fyi.  For your fuel equation if you're using modelled fuel that would be the correct AFR if that's the fuel you're using.  You can also set a math channel to show lambda*14.7 for a gauge display in the software if you want to see it in the same scalar value as the gauge.