g4xtreme/350z/g35 setup

WAC performance

Hey adam very new to the ecu tuning stuff and i have a couple/few questions. first i wanna say thanks for all the info you provide for all us new guys and gals. first question is. i have a fuel pressure and temp combo sensor and an expansion cable to the ecu. where do i wire to the sensor too? can i tap into an existing input on the ecu or a DI?  i mean can i use D-I on the expansion cable?  second question is, how do i hook up MAC valve wires? i know one is 12v and one is a ground and do i need a fuse in the middle and an (on off) switch?  thanks again in advance

Pressure and temperature signals are going to be analog signals so would need to go to AN Volt inputs.  You can do this via expansion connectors and an expansion loom, or via unused pins on the OEM harness header.  The MAC boost solenoid will need 12v and then the othera connection to a spare Aux Output - this can be Aux1 to Aux8, or any spare ignition or injector output that isn't being used for enigne operation.  This spare output will be a pwm capable ground output to pulse the solenoid at the proper duty cycle and frequency to give linear boost control.  This is assuming you are using the solenoid for boost control.  No fuse or on/off switch should be required as the inductive coil in the MAC solenoid should regulate current well enough, but be sure the 12v supply side is off of a key on switched 12v fused source to avoid backfeeding into the ecu with key off.

Ill try and go into a bit more detail, sorry about that.   im working with a 04 g35 coupe. rear mount turbo and mac valve beside it, with wires coming back to the ecu. are you saying that i can tap into a an inj or ign wire in the ecu connector providing its not being used for anything else? im gonna assume the pins are the same on 350z and g35 , as link has it posted in the pinout section. or can i use the expansion cable instead, aux 14 or 15 or DI8 or DI9? 

(second question). I have a stylech 10bar temp/pressure sensor coming from fuel rail and wires through  the fire wall to ecu. I have an expansion cable connected to the one with   [gnd, +5  aux 15, aux14, DI 8, DI9 Volt8] am i correct by saying the 4 wires from the sensor (pressure and temp output) goes to an AN volt, and one to ecu ground, and one too +5 wires. and if so, what do i need to do besides getting another expansion cable? (since there's only 1an volt on this connector) im okay wiring and have a bunch of different types of pins if needed. sorry for the huge story, but i'm a new guy to the ecu thing. seriously appreciate all the advice in advance. its sick how people help each other out on here. (ps) do i need to worry about a resister or anything using this expansion cable connector that i used? i still have to figure out how to upload the info to the ecu lol. this seems a lot harder then building the motor. 

For the press/temp sensor, there is AN Volt 3 and AN Temp 2 and a sensor ground in the MAF plug, so that would be an easy option, there is no 5V in the MAF plug but you could run that from the expansion or get it from the AC pressure, PS pressure or Throttle position sensor. 

For the mac valve you connect 1 wire to an ignition switched +12V source and the other to an aux output.  A convenient connection option would be one of the original front oxygen sensor plugs, these have an aux and 12V connection already there under the car.      

For operating the MAC valve you need an aux output that is PWM capable - and Aux 11-16 are on/off only outputs and not suitable to operate a PWM output like a mac valve.  You can use any IGN or INJ outputs not being otherwise used, as well as Aux 1-8 typically.

Also: What's a Link fast acting MAF?  Link typically runs speed density with a MAP sensor for engine load instead of a MAF.  The 350z link has an onboard MAP sensor also so no need for an external one.  Just run a hose out to the intake manifold from the ecu.