300zx g4+ can bus into 2009 Subaru impreza

SidewayzSkyvia

Ok so I have a series 1 rb25det running on a 300zx g4+ plug in ecu in my s13. I just wrote off my s13 drifting yesterday. And have the idea of putting my drivetrain into a 2009 Impreza hatch. I was wondering if I could hook my ecu up to the car side can bus wires and run the wrx v11 can bus in the ecu to allow the cluster and stuff in the Subaru to work off the 300zx g4+. 

Currently the only thing hooked up to can bus is an aem 30-0301 can wideband. 

Thanks for any and all help. 

Didn't realize that. I've been dealing with g4x ecus at work for subarus which is why the wrxv11 can mode was fresh in my mind. But yea that makes sense. 

Hypothetically if I upgraded to a g4x ecu though would it then possibly work? By the time I got a can dash and a mako or other brand dash mount the price difference probably wouldn't be much different. 

Looking at the wrx11 Pinout it appears most things are taken up. I know that i won't be using most of the avcs and cam sensor stuff. Would I be able to repurpose those aux outputs into injector and coil outs so I can retain sequential ignition and injection? Because it looks like some of the injector and ignition outputs are used for fans and some other things. 

The wrx11 ecu sounds like a great idea as it would help with keeping the car dbw too. 

Injectors and coils have to be driven by injector and coil outputs on the ecu.  For full sequential on the 6 cylinder, you would just have to pin those injectors or coils to the injector 5 and 6 output on the expansion of the V11 ecu, and the IGN 5 and 6 outputs that are used as auxiliary outputs (Main fan relay out, and AC relay out).  The AC and Main Fan output functions could be rewired to other AVCS or VVT outputs you may not be using, however, and reassigned in the software.

A couple of further comments to expand on Kris's advice.  

For the ignition you could alternatively wire the coils in wasted spark pairs, no real disadvantage over direct spark in this case, the G4X can still do individual cyl knock control with wasted spark, the coils may run a little hotter than direct.   

Also I thought it was worth mentioning in the latest firmware you can reassign the ign and injector outputs, probably not much advantage in this case, but it means you could for example use say Ign 6 & 7 instead of 5&6, leaving ign 5 in its place controlling the main fan.  Ign 8 has a pull-up added on it for the tacho so I would avoid using that one for coils.