Link G4X analogue input

Stranger24

Each and every Plug-in ECU has a different selection of inputs and outputs available, either via the main header or via the expansion connectors.

Some boards DON'T expose as many as others, and the price you pay reflects this - ECUs with fewer inputs and outputs cost less than those with more.

Your lack of proper research and suitability checking prior to purchase does not constitute a failing on Link's side.

Is it frustrating to "see" inputs and outputs in the app that don't exist on your hardware that you wish you could use - yes...

That said, Link do tend to offer the ability to send the ECU back and have some of the "unavailable" inputs and outputs exposed to unused pins on the main ECU header, at a cost, of course...

Yeah and I was stating Link should say 11 or explain an volt 7 isn’t available. That is all.

i know now and guess anyone in future sees this may run into same issue

@Confused why do you think there was lack of research? Advert stated 12, read diagram states the same and no mention of an volt 7. Do you expect one to go beyond that to confirm?

i have no issues with link and it is a well known ecu however raised my concern Link should prob address this in their advert as one may plan 12 an volt including ones on main head and run into issues

Again, not sure why someone would tell you AN Volt 7 is not usable.  It's used on several other Link plug in ecus just fine and they all share the same top/control board (Xtreme Plug-in ecu).  I have no idea why that would be limited on the E36 if the ecu was being modified by link for additional inputs.

@dx4picco has already told you where you are mistaken - on the "advert" I have always seen it specify that you need to check each individual ECU's pinout to verify how many of those inputs and outputs are available - so that's why I'm suggesting that you seem to have missed that during your pre-sale research, and seemingly also after being told specifically here...

It's not a problem with Link's marketing material.

I wouldn’t argue this anymore mate but for the last time. 
What I am stating is I read the e36 manual and advert and nothing there but needed a call to tech team. That is why I asked if you can point out where my research was wrong.

That is where my research stops when buying an item, I would say it is reasonable  and has worked for me many times.

now knowing I had to contact Link to further verify their advert and manual is little overkill but hey that is what it seems to be .