Need Vehicle Speed Rb25 350z swap

Wesdavis243

Hello! I have a wiring specialties rb25 Neo swap harness with there can module and running link g4x fury. I just noticed I have no vehicle speed to the ecu. I was wondering if anyone has the easiest way to get vehicle speed. I have no problem tapping into a wheel sensor but I don’t know the settings it would require. It is a 2 wire sensor so I just need to tap into 1 of the wires and run it to a DI on the ecu. Trying to avoid using a gps module. Thank you!

Just so there’s no confusion I am talking about wiring specialties CAN module that comes with the harness to make the Speedo and everything work. I did set that up in the ecu with the CAN settings in the beginning. So I assume that your saying the actual CAN is not wired into the ecu currently with that harness. Do you have a general idea on the steps on how I would wire the CAN to the ecu? Thanks!

IMG_2939.png

IMG_2940.png

No extra module should be required at all.  The ECU can natively output all OEM 350Z CAN messages, we make 350Z plug-in ECU's that dont use any extra module.  It sounds like they have wired it like this:  ECU CAN>CAN converter module>350Z bus.  I would change it to: ECU CAN>350Z bus.  

I talked to wiring specialties and with there swap harness the ac won’t work if I bypass there CAN module.

So I am just going to tap into the front right speed sensor. Do I need to unplug the sensor or can I leave it plugged in and just tap into the wires? Also do I need to run both wires to the ecu to a DI and a sensor ground? When click on the DI to set it up do I just click FR wheel speed and then it will work? Thank you 

As Adam said above the Link ECU when using the 350Z CAN mode and connected directly to the factory CAN bus performs all the required CAN functions of the factory ECU, this includes receiving the AC Request over CAN and transmitting the AC Clutch status and engine fan statuses over CAN.

Im pretty sure the 350Z wheel speed sensors are magnetoresistive so will not work connected directly to the ecu.  I would try bypassing the WS CAN module to start with as its only 2 wires and a setting change in the ecu.  You could probably even just unplug the module and poke 2 bent paperclips into the connector to loop the ECU CAN direct to 350Z bus.  I cant think of any reason why it wouldnt work or why the module is needed, it really seems like it was designed for an application where you are using an ECU without a 350Z CAN mode. 

Without CAN, the next easiest option to get a speed input into the ECU would probably be a cheap GPS speed sensor. 

I went ahead and just bridged the wires on the connector and then changed the CAN settings to 350z.  Everything is working such as fans and all the dash as well.  But I still don't have vehicle speed lol. i attached my tune to see if there is a setting i need to change or if i am looking at the wrong section. I can also do a log if need be. Thanks!

after bypass WS CAN module.pclx

• 2 weeks later...