Ethrottle calibration 3sge-bosch aps

Dadoulis Paschalis

Hi all

I have a g4x plugin ecu for my 3sge corolla, I also installed a bosch ethrottle unit part number 02807500320  together with the pedal. I have a weird issue with the calibration, although during calibration it closes completely the throttle as well it opens it completely too showing 0% and 100% respectively, as soon as calibration completes successfully it leaves the throttle at a minimum position of 3% even if I start the engine or not.

Also another question is if base dual vvti map is ok, so for the beginning doesn't need any adjustment.

Attached my pcl conf file, I can't seem to find anything wrong...thanks for your time and help.

1700140603629_corolla.pclx

Can you run a datalog in setup mode when you calibrate the APS and then the throttle body and post that?

Your VVT intake target table going to 50 degrees advance as a starting point seems a bit aggressive to me based on other vvti motors i've tuned, but I haven't tuned a 3SGE blacktop motor myself before.

1 hour ago, koracing said:

Can you run a datalog in setup mode when you calibrate the APS and then the throttle body and post that?

Your VVT intake target table going to 50 degrees advance as a starting point seems a bit aggressive to me based on other vvti motors i've tuned, but I haven't tuned a 3SGE blacktop motor myself before.

I m only doing the tps setup from the top menu...is there something else I need to do?

You've got no integral gain so you have no action to remove any long term offset.  Your part number is not one I have seen before, but I would try the PID values for the generic bosch in the help file page: Wiring Information > Output Wiring > E-Throttle > Specific E-Throttle Applications > Generic Bosch

9j0fbYm.png

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

You've got no integral gain so you have no action to remove any long term offset.  Your part number is not one I have seen before, but I would try the PID values for the generic bosch in the help file page: Wiring Information > Output Wiring > E-Throttle > Specific E-Throttle Applications > Generic Bosch

9j0fbYm.png

What would be a typical gain value?

30 minutes ago, koracing said:

Yes for E-Throttle you need to do both Accelerator pedal position calibration and the TPS calibraion.  These would be done in the E-Throttle setup window with the E-Throttle in setup mode.

I thino that only option I ve seen was tps setup in the top menu, no aps position calibration but I ll recheck tomorrow...of course need to be in setup mode in any other case I get a message

Thanks I ll come back tomorrow

19 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Can you confirm what problem you have.  The throttle is working correctly in the log, the pedal signal is a bit flakey like it is worn or has a bad connection, but I dont see any issue with the throttle.

Just after calibrating (although during calibration throttle closes completely ar 0%) it goes straight to 4-6% permanently so I can't set idle rpm amd after two or three accelerations on idle I m getting aps/sub/main error in pclink.

You have idle control set to open loop so the throttle will sit at whatever value you have in the base position table + the start up offset.  It is not meant to sit at 0% as the engine wouldnt have any air to run, 6% is about normal for a cold start and ~3% is a typical idle position when warm.  

Will need to see a log of the APS tracking error with the e-throttle set to "ON" mode to see what is causing that issue.  

On 11/20/2023 at 12:19 PM, Adamw said:

You have idle control set to open loop so the throttle will sit at whatever value you have in the base position table + the start up offset.  It is not meant to sit at 0% as the engine wouldnt have any air to run, 6% is about normal for a cold start and ~3% is a typical idle position when warm.  

Will need to see a log of the APS tracking error with the e-throttle set to "ON" mode to see what is causing that issue.  

After recalibrating aps and tps several times and adjusting idle I think and hope aps / tps error went away.

Two things now have come up

Vvti errors while accelerating even on idle are there please check attached log amd also why I can't locate anywhere fuel trim added when on closed loop lambda?

Thanks

vvtierrors.llgx

You can view the runtime "CL Lambda Status" to see the reason it is locked out.  The log shows TPS delta lockout, MAP delta lockout and MAP lockout so it sounds like the CLL is probably not set up at all. 

The VVT I would say you haven't done the VVT calibration.  With the engine warmed up and at fast idle above the lockout, set the cam angle test to calibrate, it should set itself back to off after a few seconds if successful.