RB26DETT with Link G4+ and Platinum Racing Products

FNunez

As title implies, I will be running a Link G4+ with a Platinum Racing Products (PRP) CAS and Crank triggers/sensors. I would like to wire in the sensors properly the first time. Have any of you wire in PRP triggers to Link G4+? Am I able to use the OEM harness to connect the PRP CAS sensor to it? Or should I use the optional 5v. connectors? The crank trigger is optional so I will be connecting that to the optional 5v. supplied from Link G4. Any and all advise/help/opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.  

On 12/5/2023 at 2:55 PM, Adamw said:

Your question is not particularly clear.  What specific kit do you have?  Where does it say that the power supply is optional?

Thanks for your reply. Sorry if I used the wrong description. What I meant to say is since Link G4+ plugs right into the OEM harness, am I able to wire in the CAS sensor to the OEM CAS harness? And the crank trigger then to the 5v supply on the G4+ ? Or should both CAS and crank trigger be wired in to the 5v supplied by Link G4? Again, thanks for your input. 

All the 5v on your engine harness with the plug-in will be coming from the plug-in. If the OEM CAS connector has 5V on it, then you should have no issue using it.  For sensors you can split the 5V on the engine harness to as many sensors as necessary as the current draw will be extremely low.

12 hours ago, koracing said:

All the 5v on your engine harness with the plug-in will be coming from the plug-in. If the OEM CAS connector has 5V on it, then you should have no issue using it.  For sensors you can split the 5V on the engine harness to as many sensors as necessary as the current draw will be extremely low.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.