Four Cylinder Inline Fiat Bosch Monojet

Leonhard Studhalter

Hi, i Will use a G4 Extreme To control my 1.4 Lieter (1372cc) Fiat uno 8V. so im a rookie with poor expirience,

i Find a Electrical diagramm from the Fiat But im not Shure Witch Input/output i must use for the sensors and Idle Stepper Motor and All the other things. The Chalenge is I want use the original plug and wiring. so i will soldering the g4 to an original plug from a fiat ecu, the ignition has a own ecu (magneti Marelli) the original ecu is wired to the coil to become a rpm signal.

but i think i use a an plug for magneti marelli too. (the magneti marelli ecu is conected to a hall sensor.)

why i wanna do this? I Have Four of this cars with the same wiring, that makes the change much easier.

Thank You

post-652-143621563977_thumb.jpg

Hi Leonhard,

Here is a brief overview, feel free to ask more specific questions.

Fuel injectors -> Connect to Injector drives 1 to 4

Temperature sensors -> Connect to An Temp channels

Input signals with varying voltage (like Throttle Position Sensors or MAP sensors) -> Connect to An Volt channels

Input signals that are ON or OFF (like brake switch or clutch switch) -> Connect to Digital Input channels

Outputs (like fuel pump, engine fan, idle stepper) -> Connect to Auxiliary Outputs or spare fuel/ignition channels

Idle Stepper -> Needs to be connected to Auxiliary Outputs 5 to 8.

Trigger inputs -> I would recommend using a trigger wheel on your crank pulley, but you may be able to use the signal from your distributor if there are 4 teeth.

Are you going to use the Xtreme to control your ignition also? I would strongly recommend it.

The PCLink help file has a lot of information, the search function is quite useful to find it.

Scott

Thank you for helping me quick sorry im a rookie, i need to find datsheets about the electric/ electronic components. so i will write more

i have just one trigger sensor on the crankshaft (an Magneti marelli [sen 8k]) and the crankshaft has two tooth so i wired this sraight to the g4 and conect the AI1 - Ignition to the coil (its a distibutor ignition) Can i work with just one trigger?

Ahow i can configurate the stepper motor from bosch (0 132 008 600) i have no idea. Bipolar?

Thank You

The Rookie

Being a distributor ignition system will allow you to use just two teeth on the crank but it will require a few tricks.

You will need to increase you dwell times in the cranking areas of the map to very large values up to 20ms

This is to allow for rapid changes of rpm at cranking / start up.

If at all an option I would try to go to more teeth such as 24 missing 1

If you follow the help file information on wiring a 4 terminal stepper motor this will suit that bosch part.

Thank you so much for Helping me i now for you sound my project horrable (like a Nightmare)

i use the sample map for my project but i dit'n have a spark, the fuel pump is running but the injector dosn't run

the engine speed say 0

can you thake a look about my project

a ditn't have a link dealer in my near

the subaru plugin was not so horrable

Thank you the rookie

Thank you, for answering i forgot to write down, i use the aux5 for the fuel pump if i cahnge the drive from low to hi in the software the pump runs continously, this is why i now that the wiring is ok.

if i unplug the ecu, and wire up the ecu on my work table with switches and leds the ecu also dosn't turn on the fuel, ignition, injector, but the imputs will be displayed, but  no output will be turned on, (it never displayed green in PC Link)

this is why i ask. The Hill race is on july 12th i hope i can fix that.

so if u now my imput and outputs can u do for me a .pcl file that i can test my ecu?

With the the two teeth tricks distributor. I dont wanna drive with the stock ecu, i can no log read, and can't find things that i can do better.

sorry for messing your time but i think the link ecu can make my car faster.

thank you the helpless rookie

How is the fuel pump relay controlled / wired. The ECU currently is set to drive the signal to ground to turn the pump on.

If you manually supply a ground to the fuel pump control wire does the pump run?

If you increase the prime time it will be more noticeable typical value is 3 seconds.

It could also be the ECU is not turning off due to a back feed so is not doing a fuel pump prime when the key is turned on.

If you crank the engine and get RPM does the pump start?

I assume you have set you sync mode to none for trigger 2.

Are you getting a trigger signal on trigger 1 at all?

Fuel pump, Ignition and injection all rely on an RPM signal to activate.

Can you confirm the ECU is shutting down at key off? Check to see the LED turns off on the front of the unit when key is turned off.

If you use the test injection function do the injectors work?

When you crank engine does the ECU display a correct RPM should be around 200-250ish

I suspect the ECU is not registering that the motor is cranking and is in turn not turning the pump or injectors on.