CA18DET No start...

MendiK

Hello, 

I'm a completely new to tuning and I'm having some trouble getting the engine started. I have a slight feeling that it's not an ECU or software issue but would like to get some opinions and assistance. Here is a log and the map, sorry for no trigger scope I will be able to get one next week, cheers. TIA

PC Datalog - 2023-12-23 4_32_52 pm.llgx nostart.pclx

It looks like all the basics are present in your log.  The TPS looks like it hasnt been calibrated but that is not going to prevent it from starting.  

Make sure the J1 jumper is fitted in the S13 position. 

Have you checked the base timing is somewhere close while cranking?

21 hours ago, Adamw said:

It looks like all the basics are present in your log.  The TPS looks like it hasnt been calibrated but that is not going to prevent it from starting.  

Make sure the J1 jumper is fitted in the S13 position. 

Have you checked the base timing is somewhere close while cranking?

Ive attached a trigger scope from earlier today. I was unable to confirm base timing since I was alone, will get back to that either thursday or saturday. Both triggers look pretty jittery. Any thoughts?

Trigger Scope - 2023-12-26 4;10;09 pm.llgx

It looks like there may be a bit of noise on the trigger signal that may become a problem later, but the earlier log and this scope both show the ecu is happy with the trigger signal and interpreting it correctly so this is not the reason for no start.  

Update: I went to do base timing today and found that the ignition coils were not firing due to a voltage drop. I previously had to ground pin 16 for the ECU to stay connected while cranking which probably should have been my first sign to check wiring and pins. 

After fixing the voltage drop issues by installing a switch panel the engine started right up with a known stock ECU. Proceeded with the link and everything is working well!

Cheers Adam for the support here and in all of the threads that gave me troubleshooting ideas!