Attempting Base Timing | No Spark

briand.vq35

Trying to set base timing on my 350z (Xtreme n350x installed). I’m not getting fire while turning engine over (timing light not indicating spark). I performed an ignition test on cylinder 1 and the timing light indicates spark and you can hear the coil. What’s going on here? I’m at a loss and started the whole process over a couple times now. 

Can you attach a PCLink log of an attempted start and a copy of your basemap please. How is the timing light connected to the coil? if you crank it with a spark plug out but with the thread sitting on a metal surface does it spark while cranking?

9 hours ago, Adamw said:

Assuming the ecu has already been unlocked, then also check the antitheft runtime, the ecu will cut fuel and spark if the antitheft conditions are not satisfied.

v1TUjSs.png

I’ll check this today when I get home from work. I’m thinking this may be the issue. I forgot about it until you brought this to my attention; I did notice 100% fuel cut. 

13 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Can you attach a PCLink log of an attempted start and a copy of your basemap please. How is the timing light connected to the coil? if you crank it with a spark plug out but with the thread sitting on a metal surface does it spark while cranking?

If AdamW’s response isn’t the answer I will try this and attach a log file for everyone to check out. Thank you for the suggestions.