AiM MXG custom can stream

Issa_dsm

Hello everyone,

Im looking to configure my AiM dash a bit more to suit my configuration but i'm not having much luck finding a way to do so. I'm currently using CAN_BUS_BASE_LLC and a lot of the channels in the config won't be used but I would like to add:

AN Volt 5, AN Volt 6, AN Volt 7, AN volt8   AN Temp 3, AN Temp 4

I have unchecked the values I won't be using

Here is my current config and calibration file, thanks!

can stream2.jpg

Dash test.pclx TEST.zconfig

Another issue I seem to be having is the vehicle speed isn’t transmitting to the dash, it works in the ecu fine but ecu speed 1-4 on the dash isn’t picking up any speed, on the ecu side of things it’s on gp speed, digital input 3 

4 hours ago, Vaughan said:

You will need to setup your speed input as one of the 4 wheel speed sensors rather than a GP speed.

Ah okay! so something like RF wheel with the same digital input DI 3? Then I assume I pick one of the ecu speeds in RS3. 

One more thing and it's the clock/ time of day showing incorrectly, the Aim manual says it can be changed by hitting the menu button on the dash but mine seems to do nothing, is that something I can adjust in RS3? Thanks!

44 minutes ago, Issa_dsm said:

Ah okay! so something like RF wheel with the same digital input DI 3? Then I assume I pick one of the ecu speeds in RS3.

Yup, exactly that.

44 minutes ago, Issa_dsm said:

One more thing and it's the clock/ time of day showing incorrectly, the Aim manual says it can be changed by hitting the menu button on the dash but mine seems to do nothing, is that something I can adjust in RS3? Thanks!

That's not something I have any experience with, @Adamw might know though

Pushing the menu button should take you to a screen that looks something like below where you can reset the trip meters, change brightness, etc.  Time is the icon at the top left.  Sometimes the orings on the buttons get quite tight and you need to push quite hard.  If a hard push doesnt get you the menu screen then I would suspect there is something faulty.  

rcDWvwU.png

5 hours ago, Adamw said:

Pushing the menu button should take you to a screen that looks something like below where you can reset the trip meters, change brightness, etc.  Time is the icon at the top left.  Sometimes the orings on the buttons get quite tight and you need to push quite hard.  If a hard push doesnt get you the menu screen then I would suspect there is something faulty.  

rcDWvwU.png

Hey Adam, I was able to access the menu shortly after the device boots up, when I was trying it initially it was when the vehicle was running, date and time is correct now! 

the only other thing I need some assistance on is getting some other channels logging in the ecu stream