MiniX G4X ECU Using Cantee cable to connect Gaugeart CAN Gauge and Link Can Lambda

Jaxodell2021

Mini R53 with link G4X trying to use Cantee cable to connect gaugeart can gauge and link can lambda. When I try to connect the can lamda or the can gauge separately they both work. However, if I have both plugged in, only the can gauge works. I have to unplug the can gauge to regain a signal to the link can lamda. I left the terminating resistor in my gaugeart can gauge. Is that what is causing the problem?

Try pulling that terminating resistor, how far is each device from the Tee?

I assume by work you mean you see readings from Lambda and correct values on gauge when just one connected but when both are connected the gauge values stop updating?

Have you got access to a CAN device that you could attach to the bus and sniff the messages with? This would allow us to see what messages are present on the bus when both devices are connected.

It almost looks like the lambda is constantly resetting to me, so possibly an inadequate power supply when both devices are connected, rather than a CAN issue. 

I have added a custom CAN stream to your map to give us a bit more information from the CAN lambda.  Can you do this for us:

1. Load in the diag map attached below, perform a store.
  2. Unplug your CAN gauge but leave lambda connected.
  3. Start a PC log, start engine, allow to run for about 30s until the lambda heats and comes alive.
  4. With it still running, the PC log still recording, and lambda still connected, now plug-in the gauge.  Hopefully we will see it playing up as soon as you do that, assuming it does, then continue to log for say another 20s.  If it doesnt play up when up plug the CAN gauge in, try turning on some electrical load such as head lights and rear demister to see if that causes anything.  

Attach the log of this test and we will see if that offers any clues.  

Fuel map tune WG (13 psi Spring) CAN Lambda diag.pclx

Vaughan - I do not have access to any additional CAN devices other than my Can gauge and Can Lambda.

Adam - Unfortunately, I am away from the house this weekend but, as soon as I return on in 2 days I will try this and see what it does. Thanks so much for your help so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have a weak power supply.  Move your red/black wire to something more substantial.

In the log below, CAN AN 9 is the battery voltage at the CAN lambda device, you can see up until about 28sec it was relatively stable, when you plug in the gauge at about 28sec we then get lots of spikes downward, although they only drop to about 12V in the log, in reality it would have been lower than this as this was just the last voltage that was sent out by the CAN lambda before it didnt have enough power to stay alive and shuts down. I think the shut down voltage is more like 7V normally.  You can see the orange status trace changes to "OFF" at the same time - that means the ecu is no longer receiving CAN so the lambda has shut off for a short time.   

HwXl1wc.png