Link CAN Gauge Display Problem

stihoggison

Hello,

I just installed a Link CAN Gauge on my 2008 STi with a WRXLink V11 G4X.  I have two CAN hubs, the gauge is the last device in the chain and the jumper is installed.  I've verified the wiring several times, same as all my other CAN devices.   I have followed the instructions to the letter in PCLink and saw RPM (screen 1) and battery voltage (screen 2) display static values for a second, but went to zero and all values remain zero even after keying off and back on.

Tune attached, any help is greatly appreciated.  Hopefully I am missing something simple.

Best Regards,

Zach

ZachS_08STI_ID1300_FlexFuel_Base_18 can gauge added.pclx

Couple issues:

Your extra streams are set up on Stream 3 and 4 but you've got it set to transmit user stream 1 and 2.  You don't need to use these extra streams really any more since Link added the "Link Can Gauge Extra" with ID 49.

You also have to go onto the gauge and set it up using the mobile app on your phone with the proper mode "Link" in this case before it will display any data from the Can Bus.

Hi Kris,

Thank you for your response.  I've updated to Link Can Gauge Extra, ID 49 with accompanying stream for ID 49.  I also went on the app to redo the configuration for just one screen with RPM to test with, but am still getting the same result.  It displayed RPM for a second, but am back to zero again.

Updated tune attached.

Thank you,

Zach

ZachS_08STI_ID1300_FlexFuel_Base_18 can gauge added ID49.pclx

You still need to have Transmit Generic Dash can ID 56 one one of the channels as well as the Link CAN Gauge Extra on ID 49.  This is detailed in the help menu on the current software release; are you sure you're using the latest software? 

Also when you saved that tune you were having receive errors on CAN 1. What other devices are on your can bus?  I see a Link Can Lambda, and you have receive streams for CAN TC 1 on a stream (no data showing) and CAN AN Volt 8 (no data showing).  Is the CAN Lambda working? It's showing zero for Lambda when you saved that tune. Can you unplug the two non-link devices and see if that makes a difference?

Hi Kris,

I unplugged the two non-link can devices and the gauge was still not working until I unplugged the CAN Lambda as well, then it started working.  Any idea why this would happen?

You are correct regarding the CAN Lambda, I am getting a "Lockout Lambda" error I need to figure out.  

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Zach

Hi Kris,

I got CAN Lambda to work again by changing the bit rate to 500 kb/s, if I change to 1 Mbit/s for the gauge, it stops working.  It also stops working if I plug in any of my other can devices.  

Thank you,

Zach

What devices are on your CAN bus and what bit rate are they each set to talk at? Everything on the bus must run at the same bit rate, the CAN gauge can be set to be 500kbit/s or 1mBit/s when selecting the mode in the mobile app for it, the Link CAN Lambda bit rate can be set in the CAN Devices tab of the CAN Setup window.

Hi Vaughan,

I have AEM EGT and AEM Oil pressure on the CAN bus.  They both run at 500kb/s.  I did some searching and it looks like that option for the bitrate is only present on the Android app?  I'm not seeing it on the Apple app.

Now both of the AEM gauge inputs are working as well as the CAN Lambda.  

If I can't get the bit rate changed on the gauge, I may have to pull the ECU out and connect to CAN 2.

Thank you,

Zach

1 minute ago, stihoggison said:

I have AEM EGT and AEM Oil pressure on the CAN bus.  They both run at 500kb/s.  I did some searching and it looks like that option for the bitrate is only present on the Android app?  I'm not seeing it on the Apple app.

I've only used the Android app not the apple one sorry, your CAN Bus 2 is being used for the vehicle CAN bus so best course of action is probably to borrow an android phone if the apple version of the app doesn't support the 500kbit/s Link mode.

I just set mine up today, when you are selecting the ECU, select Link 500k, that way the gauge will work with 500kb/s bit rate. I used the iPhone app to set it up

I do have an issue with my CAN setup, however, maybe someone can chime in. I have two AEM X-series o2 sensors, wired into CAN. The ECU only reads Lambda 1, does not get anything for Lambda 2. I have both Lambda 1 and 2 set to Link CAN. Both sensors are set up exactly the same in CAN Setup, ID for the first one is 384 and 385 for the second one. I have Steam 1 set to Lambda 1 and Steam 2 set to Lambda 2. Not sure what I'm doing wrong...