Supralink g4+ working with 8hp70 swap and turbolamik?

Reemen

Hello, I have a supralink g4+ ecu in my supra, and I am considering swapping to a 8hp70 gearbox (from v160). I'm wondering if anybody knows if the Ecu is capable of talking with the turbolamik TCU. What would I need to make this work? Has anybody done it?

The ECU CAN has a lot of configurability and has some torque modelling functionality, do you have any information on how the Turbolamik CAN works in terms of message IDs, data locations, data multi/offsets?

I would expect it would want to see engine speed, tps, maybe map, hopefully an estimated torque value and then it would send back to the Link ECU things like gear and hopefully some form of torque reduction request.

I have helped a couple of guys setup G4X ecu's with the Turbolamik and they are working quite nicely.  G4+ would be quite similar in terms of communication but the torque reduction or cuts would have to be done a bit differently.  There's various options depending on how you want it to work and how powerful the car is.  In the G4X we used the openloop power management function so we could use retard for low power shifts and variable cuts for high power shifts.  I believe the gearbox doesnt actually need much torque reduction, its required more just to make it drive smoother and prevent it from erupting into wheel spin during a shift.   I found the turbolamik documentation is a bit lacking in many areas, especially the CAN modes, but got everything working that they wanted with a bit of trial and error. 

Anyhow, just letting you know it is possible, you would likely want to convert to DBW if you want downshift blips, the supra ECU has DBW capability.  I can help with basic setup as you progress.