Tune transfer from NS15+ to Fury G4x

ZipTieTECH

Hey guys, 

Just upgraded my NS15+ to a Link Fury G4x For my s13 redtop. The Ns15 made everything easy since the ECU was PNP. I want to know if there was an easy way to transfer my current tune to the Fury. I'm sure it wont be a direct transfer but where do I start? Just manually copy all settings from one ECU to the other? What settings I need to know that's different from furyX to ns15+? Even after manually changing all the settings, would my tune be accurate?

I will be getting a tune after installation but not immediately, just want to be able to get the car moving and to drive to the tuner.
I know how to configure the Inputs and outputs for sensors, but I'm not a tuner so I don't know exactly what I'm looking at when it comes to the rest.

My other concerns are the CAN features. I have an AIM PDM32 and I would like to know how to do settings such as Fuel pump trigger on, Fan trigger on, Electric throttle body trigger to turn power out channel on, ECU Masters CAN Switch board to read the rotary switch on my steering wheel. 
Thanks In advance

Converting the tune is relatively manual.  I generally open both PC Link's side by side, start at the top of the settings tree and work my way down one folder at a time.  Most tables you can use the export to clipboard/import for clip board to copy and paste with all the axis setup etc.  There are a couple of tables that are a little more complicated where it was a 2D table in G4+ but 3D in G4X, (example RPM limit), for these it is easiest to set up the axes the same first then you can import or copy/paste. 

Fuel tune will remain pretty similar between both, with the exception of closed loop lambda and accel enrichment.  Ignition should be almost the same.  Most functions with PID loops will need retuning. 

For the fuel pump and fan triggers etc, just assign a CAN aux rather than real aux in the specific function.  Will likely need custom CAN set up at both ends.  There are set up instructions for the ecu master switch pad in the help file.     

35 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

you can use right click -> Import/Export -> Export to Clipboard and then same but import from clipboard to copy whole tables across including axes.

Good to know! I was manually inputting both axis.

On 4/28/2024 at 2:52 PM, Adamw said:

Converting the tune is relatively manual.  I generally open both PC Link's side by side, start at the top of the settings tree and work my way down one folder at a time.  Most tables you can use the export to clipboard/import for clip board to copy and paste with all the axis setup etc.  There are a couple of tables that are a little more complicated where it was a 2D table in G4+ but 3D in G4X, (example RPM limit), for these it is easiest to set up the axes the same first then you can import or copy/paste. 

Fuel tune will remain pretty similar between both, with the exception of closed loop lambda and accel enrichment.  Ignition should be almost the same.  Most functions with PID loops will need retuning. 

For the fuel pump and fan triggers etc, just assign a CAN aux rather than real aux in the specific function.  Will likely need custom CAN set up at both ends.  There are set up instructions for the ecu master switch pad in the help file.     

Just found the settings for the Ethrottle relay. To set this request via CAN to PDM, am I suppose to use a CAN Aux? i was using vitual aux for fuel pump and fans but looks like Ethrottle wasnt an option according to the help tab.