Another Auto Blip Downshift question...

Guilty Garage

Syncro H pattern Shifter
DBW
Pedal and Neutral position sensors

I recently used Adam's recommendation of using a secondary DBW target map based upon clutch and brake positions. While I can use some fine tuning on the Throttle Target Map, it works, but not as good as I hoped. I do realize its damn near impossible to accomplish this without a gear position sensor, so no shade.

My next car on G5 I have a chance to use a gear position sensor and gear box speed along with 4 wheel speeds. I'm looking for the functionality similar to OEM 370 rev matching auto blip. I'm assume its a PID Targeted RPM calculated by gear position and transmission speed. Do you think it out of the scope of what the "gear shift control" settings are intended for (more towards dogboxs/sequentials and/or upshifts).

You don't need to baby me through the settings, just wanted to make sure it was possible before I went through the hassle of wiring.

What behaviour isn't satisfying you with the current way of setting it up?

I implemented it on one of my cars, and it works pretty well I must say. selected gear on one axis (because jump between gears are different) and rpm on the other. 

the only thing that is hit and miss are multiple quick successive downshifts. because the basic version needs that you fully depressed the clutch to restart a downshift.

you could also use a timer to make other blips after a given time.

I haven't put alot of thoughts into the next one, but you could even say to blip again after a timer once gearbox has passed and left neutral (will depend on how gearbox neutral sensor detects on sides of the grid)

The blip in the motorsport gear shift function uses a fixed throttle opening and then cuts are used to achieve the target shaft speed matching if enabled.  So not really appropriate for a road car type shift.  The 2nd e-throttle target should be able to achieve what you need with the appropriate axes and possibly a timer etc.