Injectors will not go lower than 1.5ms and VE numbers low

somewhitekid

Been having trouble with staying at Target AFR when at idle. VE is around 30% with duty cycle at 1.1%. The injector deadtime table is correct according to the data sheet, but i doubt they were tested with link. I believe this is the cause of being so rich and not able to lower ms. The engine is a boosted H22 running on E85. Injectors are 1000cc from a Youtuber named Hunter Tuned. He admits they are quite inconsistent at lower ms, but are pretty good when they open up.

My question is should i play with the deadtimes to try and get more realistic VE numbers?

to forums.pclx to forumm.llgx

Are they a modified injector?  Is there a part number on them?

What do you mean by "injectors will not go below 1.5ms"?  Does it just stall if you reduce VE further?  

Your fuel density looks a little low for E85.  Also your MAP sensor calibration is a bit odd for a omni 3bar, I usually see this quoted for the omni 3 bar: 8hsCtGO.png This calibration would result in quite a bit less fuel below 100Kpa compared to what you have now.

2 minutes ago, somewhitekid said:

https://www.huntertuned.com/product/huntertuned-1000cc

They are custom. There is a part number on the side. 0 280 158 117 Looks like a genuine Bosch injector.

That part number comes back as 547cc/min so I suspect the spray pattern and atomisation is pretty shocking https://www.bosch-motorsport-shop.com.au/547cc-min-ev14-injector

I would try to validate that MAP sensor calibration somehow also, I dont have confidence in the data available.  That phearable doc you linked to gives different results depending if you use the quoted transfer function or use the scale/offset given for the hondata.  Then most other websites I could find with published data for "Omnipower 3bar MAP" gave something different again. At 0.5V there is 20-30kpa variation (or 100% error!) between the 4 different calibrations that I found.  

Even the Omnipowerusa.com website is wrong, they have the same 4bar calibration quoted on their webpage for 3bar, 4bar & 5bar sensors...

HTylpV3.png