Advice on K24 getting started

depe69e30

im all new to link and standalone, new to honda k engines..

just trying to expand my honda knowledge at this point, any hints would be appreciated..

have the turbo setup but it’s currently off until i get the first initial crank..(I don’t want backfiring 😂😬)..

1989 bmw 325i e30 

k20 base model harness wired to e30 cluster .

k24 jdm engine 

ecu: linkg4x hc20x

engine specs: 

jdm k24

1000cc fic 

ap1 intake manifold

ap1 iddle air control valve 

oem k20 coils

oem k20 cam sensors

k24 crank sensor with switched wires at the plug.

70mm k tuned throttle body

E30 coolant sensor

K20 oem iat

Ktuned 4bar map

fuel test  

spark test  

injector test  

I uploaded the base map for the dc2 and thats what i tried , please dont burn me for it , or do …base timing is what’s getting to me and the timing gun not functioning..

any help is much appreciated..

IMG_8572.jpeg

Are you sure the MAP sensor is calibrated correctly?   0.9psi while cranking is pretty low (only 6 kPa), does it match your barometric pressure (BAP = 14.4 psi) , when the engine is stopped?

Because of that reading, the injector pulse width is very low, and you probably don't have enough fuel to combust.

Im a little lost still , but yes i will get more info . And I appreciate any feedback. 
im so close to giving up and just swapping a bmw m50 back in..

Currently mocking up the rest for turbo prep..

IMG_8576.jpeg

Yes sir I followed this k20 harness  to k24 engine crank sensor pinout.

i will get a video or picture or picture for yall.

Thanks

IMG_8587.jpeg

8 minutes ago, depe69e30 said:

i will get a video or picture or picture for yall.

preferably the actual saved log file, ECU Controls -> Trigger Scope, click capture while cranking, save and attach file here

Oh wait .. how do you change the trigger mode? 
i did research this k20 harness to k24 but never came access this.

reminder; im a noob and just wana get it cranked before the tuner sees it..

thanks in advance 

3 hours ago, David Ferguson said:

Are you sure the MAP sensor is calibrated correctly?   0.9psi while cranking is pretty low (only 6 kPa), does it match your barometric pressure (BAP = 14.4 psi) , when the engine is stopped?

Because of that reading, the injector pulse width is very low, and you probably don't have enough fuel to combust.

3 hours ago, Vaughan said:

K24 and K20 have different crank sensor pinouts, can you take a trigger scope while cranking and attach it here please

Start by reading the pre-start checks and first start up sections in the manual as that covers most of the basic things you should have already done including checking MAP sensor calibration.  Base timing should be close enough to start by default with triggermode set to K24, but if your timing light doesnt flash that may suggest you also dont have a spark when cranking.  

A triggerscope, tune and log will be required for us to offer any further insight.  

Trigger mode is here:

vu1UpRi.png

Oh lord . 
man thanks a bunch, …I just figured it was ran under the k20 since the k24 option wouldn’t pop up …

and yes u are correct, my timing light isn’t coming on when cranking, it does when i do the “spark” test..

i will keep everyone posted on whats next..

thanks 👏 

IMG_8610.heic

The K20 based map uses modelled fuel equation so injector flow rate and deadtimes need to be set in >Fuel>Fuel setup>Injector Setup.  Also in >Fuel>Fuel Setup>Fuel Main you will need to change the engine capacity, set the correct fuel pressure and fuel system type to match what you have. 

Thanks ..

IMG_8792.jpeg

IMG_8791.jpeg

IMG_8790.jpeg

IMG_8789.jpeg

IMG_8788.jpeg

These are the current settings, and according to me i set them up as close as i think i can.

noob here..😬

fic 1000cc injector 
part # is117-1000h

I will post injecor info as soon as this forum lets me

Did you download the information from FIC specifically for the LInk ECUs?   It's available here:

https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/Link64-Data/Link64-1000

it's a spreadsheet with 3 and 4 bar data.  There is no reason to guess at the deadtimes and short pulse width tables.

If you don't have a way to open the Excel spreadsheet, here is a PDF of the 3-bar data:

Link ECU 1000cc 3 bar.pdf

Thanks again… 

So im just going based on what the available file had for k24 on the downloaded software, bare with me. Once it’s able to crank and run somewhat, ill let the tuner handle the rest.. 

Thanks alot 

David Ferguson 

IMG_8843.jpeg

IMG_8844.jpeg

IMG_8845.jpeg

IMG_8847.jpeg

IMG_8850.jpeg

Hopefully im making these changes correctly….

i cant get video rn while im cranking it, i need a friend to come over but that was me cranking.. i held timing gun again, still test works of coils but when i do it while cranking , still no timing light comes on..