Dual CAN networks

Steve Bull

On the G4x xtreme there looks like an option to have 2 CAN networks running from the ecu. Is it just a case of selecting the 2 DI as CAN. Will these 2 networks be able to run at different speeds ie 500kps and 1mps. 

• 1 month later...

The Haltech IC-7 dash new NSP software has still got loads of bugs and alot of the features that made the dash a cost effective addition to a Link ecu aren't now supported. Apparently the dash can also transmit data over CAN which is a new feature but there hasn't been any details given on this. I've  no idea of CAN I.D. or what is transmitted in what order. Does anyone know anymore on this, I've asked Haltech over a month ago but with no answer.

11 hours ago, Steve Bull said:

The Haltech IC-7 dash new NSP software has still got loads of bugs and alot of the features that made the dash a cost effective addition to a Link ecu aren't now supported. Apparently the dash can also transmit data over CAN which is a new feature but there hasn't been any details given on this. I've  no idea of CAN I.D. or what is transmitted in what order. Does anyone know anymore on this, I've asked Haltech over a month ago but with no answer.

Great, so the next Link update will include this. Will this include the ability to receive data over CAN from the dash as well. It was a good alternative to the AIM dash but not so at the moment and the lack of Haltech support, unlike yourselves at Link.

Yes the next update will include the ability to transmit the Haltech CAN from the ECU in a single channel and there are also some .lcs files and instructions in the help on how to set the ECU up to receive the switched, frequency and analog inputs from the dash. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just downloaded the latest sotfeware which now has the the IC-7 updates, thanks. I've looked over the data that sent on the Haltech IC7' from the Mode drop-down menu.  I cant see the gear position  on the list of data sent on the config.  Also on the dash do you still set can to 3rd party Link generic or is it now as another protocol.

On 9/20/2024 at 11:48 PM, Steve Bull said:

Just downloaded the latest sotfeware which now has the the IC-7 updates, thanks. I've looked over the data that sent on the Haltech IC7' from the Mode drop-down menu.  I cant see the gear position  on the list of data sent on the config.  Also on the dash do you still set can to 3rd party Link generic or is it now as another protocol.

If you are using the Haltech mode in the Link channel drop down then you would want to set the dash up as if it was talking to a Haltech ECU.

Looks like I didn't do the Gear selector Position or Gear values because I didn't know what their enumerated values were and didn't come back to it later, will put it on my list of things to do.

Thanks. The I'll keep the Generic dash until then. The gear position was reading 65535 for reverse but it turns out Haltech had rectified the old error. Now theres  no need for any maths channels to correct the gear position anymore.