alternate triggers

motionper

• 5 weeks later...

so if i understand your reply i can use a single pickup sensor and trigger on the camshaft to fire an odd fire v twin 45 degree motor, if so will a eight tooth trigger wheel on the cam with no crank sensor work, if i can't do that what is the minimum amount of teeth on the crankshaft pickup with a single pick up on the cam??? do you have any recommendation if  vr sensors with magnets or hall effect sensors would be better? and recommendation on sensor brands and model???we are going to be revving the motor to 8500 rpms and it's like a paint mixer for vibration, we have a very high concern for ignition misfires that is the reason for all the questions a misfire can cost me a motor

8 teeth on the CAM with one tooth missing would be enough. The best would be a crank sensor and wheel with 12 teeth and a single tooth sync off the cam.

Reason a crank sensor is preferred as it removes any risk of timing scatter due to drivetrain movement to the cam/s

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...