Ecu and software

codyjesen

Hi all, I've recently brought a possum link and was wondering for some help, the code on the top of the chip has WRX97R, what version ecu is it and what software is best to download for it? Any help is muchly appreciated

Simon knows these ECUs better than I, so may give you a better answer when he comes back on.

whats the limit for the boost that these ecus can go up to

The psi to kPa conversion chart goes up to 300 kPa (29 psi), so this may be the maximum. This is an absolute value.

my subaru runs a factory boost control solenoid, are these ecus able to run without it

If you want the ECU to control the wastegate then it will need a wastegate solenoid. I'm not aware of any problems with the factory ones.

can i run the car without the afm too?

AFM is not required by the ECU.

Simon knows these ECUs better than I, so may give you a better answer when he comes back on.

The psi to kPa conversion chart goes up to 300 kPa (29 psi), so this may be the maximum. This is an absolute value.

Maximum Boost is limited by the MAP sensor you have fitted. so factory map sensor maximum boost is somewhere around 1.2bar according to the manual, as the sensor is 2.5bar absolute(so boost + atmosphere of 1bar = absolute), and pressure in the atmosphere is 1bar. so it only has 1.5bars of "boost" it can read. there is a 3bar sensor you can fit.

but you will be very close to maxing your injectors to be able to run that much boost with a VF28 IMO.

this is just my understanding of it.

Will i need to run a wideband oxy sensor to keep an i on my afr?

if you don't have one I don't reccomend trying to tune yourself. the ECU doesn't support widebands, but you can watch it and adjust fuel settings fine.