outside the box setup

Mondi8

I have a couple questions about setting up and properly wiring the new A,B,C & D terminal ECU. 

The C loom has a "main relay" terminal, one negative one positive along with ignition switch. I'm a bit lost on this, I can't find any supporting documentation or sample wiring diagram to help explain how to utilize these optional terminals. I assume based on the abilities of the ECU I can wire it up to where the ECU controls the starter with a push button for example and hence the optional wiring. 

The other question has to do with more then one TPS, is it possible to have the ECU use more then one? reason is the engine I have for this particular build has 2 TPS sensors one for each bank. So run either a separate map for each bank or one but have the TPS trim the map based on it's value. Not sure if this is possible

And lastly, 4 pin ignition coils run a feedback signal to monitor miss-fire or trip a fault code (in theory), all the coils share the same lead as the signal is simply a trigger signal confirmation so it's in sequence with the ignition signal, is there a way to feed that signal back and have it compare it to the actual ignition out signal and if there is a 'missing' pulse trigger a fault?

HI Mondi8

Images from the PC Link help file for wiring of the main relay control.

You can have a TPS main and a GP 0-5V configured and then trim based of the GP 0-5 input..

On the feedback this is not something that we use.

thunderhold2.JPG

thunderhold1.JPG

Edited by Simon
Missed attaching files

For the Main relay outputs of the G4+ Thunder specifically check out PCLink Help > Wiring Information > Power and Ground Wiring > ECU Hold Power Wiring. The bottom half of the page has two wiring diagrams showing the use of the two main relay outputs.

Adding to what Simon said, if the throttle body on each bank happens to be electric, then you can also allocate the AN Volt channels of one e-throttle body to 'TP 2 (Main)' and 'TP 2 (Sub)'.

Thanks, should have RTFM... Updated the PC link software. Found the relevant sections.

As to the feedback signal. I can still feed it into a digital input though right? graph it in real time or monitor it when needed? I don't know the difficulty of the programming needed but would it be possible to use that input in the future as a fault code trigger? 

The IGF terminal on the Denso coils is a digital signal that is generated when the coil 'fires', it's supposedly used as a feedback to check that the coils are firing and not shorted or dead. Given that each coil only fires when signaled and I'm running full sequential then only a single wire is needed as the signal is timed to the firing order. So at a minimum it's simply a digital fq signal, if in the future it's possible to do something with it at least I've already gone to the trouble to wire it into the harness. 

Hi Mondi8, do you know what voltage the ignition feedback signal gets up to? I would have expected it to be charging system voltage or less. If it is then you could feed it back into a Digital Input channel for monitoring.