Launch Control

vincent.semesta

I am new to this forum.

I bought EVO 5 coming with LINK ECU.

I read from manual (LINK help file) it must install switch to activate launch control.

Can I just make big numbers in fuel and ignition (blue square) instead of switch?

I see from log file these cells are not touched while decelerate.

Ignition.jpg

Fuel.jpg

Hi Vincent,

I would not recommend doing this, as the values you have highlighted in blue are from the main fuel and ignition tables, this means those values are always going to be used, regardless of gear or vehicle speed.

Scott.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for responding.

I have tried many times my car never be in blue area unless it is completely stop and I rev engine.

I can be in those cells when I rev engine in neutral gear.

Is there something wrong with ECU setting?

I just want to make turbo spinning faster because of rich fuel and retard timing to launch the car  better.

Anyway how to setup launch control?

Where digital input connected?

What "Mode" should be used (Mode 1, Mode 2, Mode 3)?

What values should be key in?

Vincent,

Trying to get some effect by adjusting the main fuel & Ign maps as you have proposed will not achieve much.  With proper setup "two step" or launch control you should be well into positive pressure and not down in the vacuum region that you have highlighted.

Since you are 4WD you will probably want to use Mode 2 - this is commonly known as "two step".  It is a fixed RPM limiter usually combined with extra fuel and very retarded ign.  For this mode you would normally activate it with a switch on the clutch pedal as it must be turned off as soon as you start moving.

Settings for this aren't easy to guess and are usually done by trial and error.  Unless someone here has already done an evo with very similar turbo/engine setup to yours then you will probably have to play around yourself.  You also need to be careful of aggressive limiting if your engine has hydraulic cam followers.

Hi Vincent, the Launch Control Activation Control needs to be an on/off type signal like a switch. It is not suitable to use wheel speed for activation. However, it is possible to use non-driven wheel speed as an axis option on the launch control table (depending on launch mode).

Scott