What type of Link G4+ do I need

NZ Mikey

hi I have a rb25det Neo with usual mods ffp,injectors,turbo manifold

Not to sure what's the difference between The different models of G4 there is

would the G4+ Storm be more than capable of tuning these types of modification?

Edited by NZ Mikey

Hi Mikey,

You have a few possible options when it comes to ECUs. The G4+ Storm could do the job well. However we also have two plug-in ECUs, one of which will likely work. What is the vehicle that the engine is in?

http://dealers.linkecu.com/NGTTPlus

and

http://dealers.linkecu.com/NGTRPlus

The advantage of the plug-in ECU is the easy install.

Scott.

It's in a r32 motor out of a r34 gtt but will the plug in ecu run the link maf sensor as I want to get rid of most wiring clutter as possible thanks

I'm not sure I understand your question well but hopefully this will answer it:

Although you can use a MAF if you really want to, most would normally remove the MAF and use a MAP instead.  You can mount the map sensor in the cabin etc if you want it hidden.

Yea the map sensor can I connect one to the plug in ecu?

Yes of course.  Some of the later RB's already have a factory one connected so you may not need to do anything.  If you don't have a factory one then you can connect a MAP sensor to the old MAF wire or there are a couple of spare AN inputs on the ECU header that you can use.

Our Nissan GTR/GTS plug-in ECU has an onboard 4.0 bar MAP sensor which you can use. The GTT plug-in relies on a factory MAP sensor.

This is what the connector on the GTS/GTR ECU looks like:

GTR_conn.thumb.PNG.d399f377ea2a5e45677b8

and this is what the GTT ECU connector looks like:

GTT_conn.thumb.PNG.21b8721d042dd73e4e4a4

Scott

First you need to look at the ECU connector your wiring loom has and identify which plug-in ECU you need.

If it is the GTS/GTR ECU then you can use the MAP sensor that is built into the ECU. You just need to run it a vacuum line from the intake manifold.

If it is the GTT ECU then you will need to use the factory MAP sensor that is on the engine. If the engine does not have one you will need to buy a MAP sensor, fit it, then wire it to the ECU.

Scott.