G4+ Fury ridiculous max values

Toff

Hi all,

Bit of advice needed.

Car is a 1999 Skyline R34 GTT With a G4+ Fury fitted with a Boomslang harness. Car has had a new engine fitted along with lots of mods and i have since ran the car in over about 2000Miles. Its going for mapping tommorow and i got a photo sent from the tuner today with a list of the max values the car has seen... And said he was a bit concerned

Bearing in mind these are the current limits that the mapper set on the car while i ran it in so it couldnt be abused of course

RPM Limit 7400

Map Limit 205kpa (fuel cut)

Engine coolant temp was also set to enable a rev limit and engine shutdown of around 3000rpm if temps went too high.

Intake temp was again set if it went above a certain value the car would be rev limited.

I am 100% certain the car hasnt seen these values, Its physically impossible surely. Im the only driver of the car also and its road use only.

Car is also running perfectly, No issues with it and its awaiting a map tommorow.

Should i be concerned at these readings? Are these values accurate and can they be relied on?

Thanks

14964300_10157700159155282_799628517_o.jpg

There are a couple of possibilities here. The first is that the statistics were not cleared after setup, and so some crazy values exist from when the ECU went through testing when manufactured.

Another possibility (particularly for engine speed and the RPM Limit) is that you have some sort of trigger error occurring. When the ECU gets a trigger error it does not know the engine position and speed correctly, and can make a miscalculation. If it miscalculates a high RPM value the RPM limit could be triggered momentarily.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...