High RPM when TP Main at 0%

hspeck

URL]Car has been behaving weird. 

Had a new tune and now sometimes when my TPS is at 0%, my engine RPM stays at above 1500rpm when I clutch in ro when I am in neutral gear.

Sometimes the rpm will shoot up to close to 2000rpm when I depress the clutch.

Initially I was thinking that maybe the TB was sticky, but the TPS shows 0%, and it works properly.

Also,the engine  rpm seems to take a while before it settles to idling speed too.

Is it possible it is due to the tuning?

What should I check in my log file?

Thanks.

20170524_210310_resized.jpg

20170524_205130_1495630545116_resized.jpg

20170524_205206_1495630546649_resized.jpg

Calibration as in the TPS calibration? Thanks.

ECU calibration or "map".  A .pclr file.  

From the little information you have given above it looks like the idle ignition table might be some of the cause and I would say the rest is ISC set up and base position.  It doesnt look like it has be tuned at all?

I see.

I have attached the idle ignition table.

My car is currently running open loop on idle, cos my tuner told me that he does not have an accurate data for the AEM UEGO. Is it possible that this is causing the issues?

My afr is not reaching the target afr too, which I know is because it is running open loop on idle. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

IdleIgnitionTable.jpg

My car is currently running open loop on idle, cos my tuner told me that he does not have an accurate data for the AEM UEGO. Is it possible that this is causing the issues?

The wideband has nothing to do with idle speed control and open loop idle control is not related at all to open loop lambda control.  Somebody is confused here.

My afr is not reaching the target afr too, which I know is because it is running open loop on idle. Correct me if I am wrong.

No again.  It is not reaching target afr because it is poorly tuned.  Idle control will have very little influence on fuel mixture at all.

I suggest you turn of the idle ignition control for now until everything else is tuned properly.  It looks like at least your fuel table is fairly poor so you will need to ensure the fuel and ignition tables are tuned properly before messing around with idle.  When those are done a good starting point for the idle speed control would be to follow the procedure in the help file:

0oCX9dK.png

The wideband has nothing to do with idle speed control and open loop idle control is not related at all to open loop lambda control.  Somebody is confused here.

No again.  It is not reaching target afr because it is poorly tuned.  Idle control will have very little influence on fuel mixture at all.

I suggest you turn of the idle ignition control for now until everything else is tuned properly.  It looks like at least your fuel table is fairly poor so you will need to ensure the fuel and ignition tables are tuned properly before messing around with idle.  When those are done a good starting point for the idle speed control would be to follow the procedure in the help file:

Right, I have very limited knowledge and am not very  technically inclined, so am trying to make sense of what I have been told.

I have attached the fuel and ignition table.

FuelTable1.jpg

IgnitionTable1.jpg

I am running a Tomei Rb28 with 270 10.25 cams, 1000cc Bosch EV14 injectors.

Ok, there's many scary things in this map but I think I found some of the idle problem, The speed lock out was set to like 20KM/h and all the idle up step settings were very large.  For instance you had a 25% step for "neutral" which would have activated everytime you pressed the clutch in.

Here is a map with some of those settings put back to our default GTR base map settings:

Try this.pclr

Ok, there's many scary things in this map but I think I found some of the idle problem, The speed lock out was set to like 20KM/h and all the idle up step settings were very large.  For instance you had a 25% step for "neutral" which would have activated everytime you pressed the clutch in.

Here is a map with some of those settings put back to our default GTR base map settings:

Try this.pclr

Ok. I will try the new map.

Thanks.

Hi Adam,

I have tried the new map. It has solved the issue with the high rpm.

However, during the short drive, whilst I was off throttle, the afr will suddenly shoots up to above 17 and it feels as if the enigine is gonna stall.

I have attached some shots of my log earlier.URL]

20170525_195339_1495714534738_resized_zp

20170525_195254_1495714533027_resized_zp

20170525_195052_1495714531453_resized_zp

greatly appreciate any thought on this issue. Thanks.

Edited by hspeck

Hspeck,

Instead of attaching screenshots, it is a much better idea to just attach either the .pcl file or the .llg file of the log.  Screenshots do us no good at being able to see all the data required to make educated assessment of the information.

Hi Brad,I was thinking it would be too imposing on the folks here if I expected them to read and analys my map and log files, that was why I attached the screenshots instead.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can take a look at them to be honest.

I have attached the latest log with Adam's tweak.

Can only share via google drive cos the file is about 4MB

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5222V1yjjzMNE9IVy1wcEs5TGM

Thanks.

Have you contacted the person that tuned it?

I would honestly explore that avenue first considering that you paid for a service and it was not provided correctly.

Yes, I will be meeting him late next week. I was hoping to have more information about the map and what could be wrong before I next meet him.

it kinds of seems to be the car runing fine when on heavy load. However, it is during idle and usual driving that some problems appear.

The car idles and cruise much more smoothly when it was tuned by the previous tuner,  who is currently not available unfortunately. So i am sure it can be better with Link's G4+ plug in as I have experienced a very good tune before.

I never like to say this but your map has multiple problems and doesnt look like it has been tuned well at all.  It will probably be easier to reload in our GTR/GTS base map and start from scratch rather than try to fix what you have. 

I have only taken a very brief look and I dont have much info your your setup or fuel etc so I'm making many assumptions but here's a few things that dont look correct to me:

• There is no IAT fuel trim above 0°C
  • Fuel table axis only goes to 180KPa MGP, yet your ECU statistics show you have hit at least 240KPa MGP boost at some time.
  • From you logs we can see that the fuel table is very poorly mapped (or there is some mechanical problem such as fuel pressure control).  AFR drifts between 8-18AFR under almost steady state conditions.
  • Transient ignition retard - You have a table set up that removes 8 deg of ignition timing whenever the throttle isnt moving?
  • Idle ignition table is extreme and also active until 110KPa
  • Main ignition table seems crazy with like 25deg at 260KPa!  

It doesn't sound like very good news I guess.

I am running a Tomei RB28, using the 100cc Bosch EV14 injectors, NGK Iritop 8 plugs,  HKS fuel rail and HKS fuel pump upgrade (think is 280L/H), Okada Plasma Direct, on GT-SS turbines (yeah, I know it is small for the RB28)....

In the time being, I have imported an IAT fuel trim from my old map.

For the transient iginition retard, what should be the usual number?

Also for the idle ignition control what should the MAP lockout be?

I realized the numbers are similar to my old map.

Thanks Adam and Brad.

Turn idle ignition control off for now. Transient ignition retard would normally be zero but you should ask the tuner what he has added that for - if it was to get around some knock issue you could do more harm than good by messing with it..  

Edited by Adamw

No he hasnt.  Your map is tuned using Speed Density which is probably the most appropriate for your engine with a single throttle.  Alpha N is usually only needed on ITB's or engines with large overlap and often wont work as well as SD in a road car.

Alpha = Throttle Angle, N = Engine speed.  So for Alpha N your fuel table would have RPM on one axis and TP on the other.  Your tables have RPM (speed) and MGP (density).

No he hasnt.  Your map is tuned using Speed Density which is probably the most appropriate for your engine with a single throttle.  Alpha N is usually only needed on ITB's or engines with large overlap and often wont work as well as SD in a road car.

Alpha = Throttle Angle, N = Engine speed.  So for Alpha N your fuel table would have RPM on one axis and TP on the other.  Your tables have RPM (speed) and MGP (density).

Yes, I am running single throttle.

But i have Tomei's camshafts, both IN and OUT at 270 - 10.25. I was told the cams are overlapping. Is that the reason why he might have considered using Alpha-N?

I am not sure why he told me he was going to tune my car with Alpha-N when he used a MGP instead ... mind boggling...