how to wire trigger sensor

Alif Ghani

hello, i am completely new to link. i am installing g4+ xtreme on a honda civic 96 ek3 with d15b engine. it has obd2a style ecu connector. i am installing it directly under the dash through the original ecu wiring. during cranking, on the trigger scope, there is no signal. rpm doesnt work too. i am only using the loom a on the g4+. and i am connecting the trigger 1 wire to the ckp positive, trigger 2 to cyp positive. and the white wire on the g4+ is the negative for the signal right? both of the white wire is connected to the signal negative side.

trigger 1 

black - connector C2  (ckp p side)

white - connector c12 (ckp g side)

trigger 2

red - connector c4 (cyp p side)

white - connector c14 (cyp g side)

obd2a.pin.schematics.gif

C12 should be connected to Trig 1

C14 should be Trig 2

C2 & C4 should both be connected to ground

hello adam, i have tried connecting the trigger wire the way u told me to but there is still no signal on the scope. And one more thing, the ecu is bought second hand from a shop here in Malaysia. Do i have to unlock it first? Since i have click restore to factory default setting before configuring the ecu.

image1.thumb.jpg.e6bbe0ed2c9fe3b719183b2

Edited by Alif Ghani

ECU will need to be unlocked to allow it to run an engine. However it can be configured before it is unlocked.

can you confirm whether my ecu is unlock or not?

and may i know who is the dealer of my link ecu? Serial number 27866 link g4+ xtreme

Edited by Alif Ghani

Original dealer for that unit is ST Wangan they will be able to help with an unlock code. 

If the ECU brings up a warning when you connect to it saying it is locked then it will be.

Edited by Simon

Original dealer for that unit is ST Wangan they will be able to help with an unlock code. 

If the ECU brings up a warning when you connect to it saying it is locked then it will be.

figured out that it was actually a new unit he mistakenly give to me. Im sending this ecu back to the shop and he'll give me a used one. Will update here when everything is working.