link g4 tablet layout issues

MidnightMotorsportR34

Hi guys, new to the forum so hi!

Anyways, so i compete in the British Drift Championship and i drive the Midnight Motorsport ER34 Skyline. 
It's the off season now and i am currently trying to set up a tablet layout to replace the standard clocks in the car. I've seen recently this has become a very popular thing to do but i have a few questions regarding this.

So first things first, i designed the layout on a desktop Pc then emailed the layout to myself in order to open it on the tablet. However when i opened it, it is far too large for the screen of the tablet... so... is there a way of simply scaling the layout down to be able to fit the screen?

secondly i'm trying to figure out a way of getting the tablet to charge in the car as well as run data from the ecu as the tablet only has one mini usb port. Any ideas?

On the Link G4 is there a way of changing means of measurement? For Eg. The gauge i have uploaded reads in Kpa and i would like to convert this to Bar or Psi ideally

And lastly

Would you know if there's a way of setting the tablet up to power up with the Ignition (external power) and start up on the link software to save me having to load everything up every time.

I'm using a windows connect 8.9" tablet running Windows 10.

Any help would be massively appreciated 

15 hours ago, MidnightMotorsportR34 said:

So first things first, i designed the layout on a desktop Pc then emailed the layout to myself in order to open it on the tablet. However when i opened it, it is far too large for the screen of the tablet... so... is there a way of simply scaling the layout down to be able to fit the screen?

No, you need to set up the layout on a screen with the same resolution as what it intends to be used on.  You could possibly temporarily set your desktop pc to the same resolution as your tablet to build the layout.

secondly i'm trying to figure out a way of getting the tablet to charge in the car as well as run data from the ecu as the tablet only has one mini usb port. Any ideas?

This is a feature of the tablet.  Most with a single port cant charge and be connected to a USB device at the same time.  Some models will work with a special splitter/adapter.

On the Link G4 is there a way of changing means of measurement? For Eg. The gauge i have uploaded reads in Kpa and i would like to convert this to Bar or Psi ideally

The G4 is not as flexible as our newer ECU's in this respect but depending on what else the pressure sensor is used for you can probably change the calibration units to psi.

Would you know if there's a way of setting the tablet up to power up with the Ignition (external power) and start up on the link software to save me having to load everything up every time.

Again this is a function of the Tablet.  It will need a feature in the BIOS, called something like "restart after power failure", with that enabled it will automatically boot when power is connected.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/30/2017 at 5:52 AM, MidnightMotorsportR34 said:

Whilst we use a Acer tablet for our dash, yours should have similar options - we use the power saving options in ours, when running from battery the screen turns off after 30 seconds, when running from a power source the screen blanking is disabled.

We also have the link software set to auto start when windows boots up.

Probably not ideal for a roadgoing car, but we just power it up when we get to the track and shut it down at the end of the day.