Altezza+ PNP 3sge e throttle issue

Brendon001

Hi guys

Running a 3sge beams with turbo setup

Recently the car had started to stall on idle randomly every so often. Hooked the laptop up and when it happens car is idling at 700rpm nicely and then drops dead. Comes up 'rpm limit' which i dont quite understand as only rpm limit is my redline etc (doesnt activate CEL) Then a few days ago throttle shut down and came up 'e throttle error' and CEL came on. Found that the drive cog on the main butterfly shaft that the e throttle motor spins had stripped 2 teeth and seized. I have fitted a second hand throttle and it still wines when engine off, and still has the same rpm limit stall issue when idling. Calibrates fine etc. Is this second hand unit on the way out? 

Brendon 

3 hours ago, Brendon001 said:

I have fitted a second hand throttle and it still wines when engine off

You can change whether it runs or shuts off when the engine is not running in the E-throttle settings. 

EQ6dS7Y.png

For the other problem a log and map will be the quickest way to see what the problem is.  If you leave it in "run throttle" mode for now you will be able to do a log without the engine running.  See the video below for how to set up and do the log.  Start the logger then move the pedal to the floor and back a few times, slow and fast, that should give us a good starting point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P1LRANeO4A

Hi there

I have done a quick log with engine off. I have attached a file of my current tune/setup. Dont look at fuel numbers etc as on new injectors and a very base tune but that is not the issue. Was still doing the rpm limit stall on old tune (all other settings are the same). The quiet throttle option does stop the hum at key on engine off. 

Sorry dont know why log file shows different values, adjust it to ANV2, ANV3 for fps sub and main, and ANV5, ANV6 for tps sub and main and should show graph.

E throttle Forum.pclr

Log E Throttle Engine Off.llg

Edited by Brendon001

It appears your TP sensors arent correctly calibrated, this will cause the TP error accumulator to count upwards over time and eventualy engage "limp mode".  Can you do the TP calibration again and then do another log.

7fJrXKN.png

I dont know exact figures off the top of my head but it works like this roughly:  If there is more than a few % error for more than a couple of seconds the error accumulator will increment by 1, the worse the error, the faster it increments.  It also works in reverse - so if for instance the % error reduces to below the allowable tolerance for more than a few seconds the accumulator will count back down towards zero.  This is so that a small error that occurs only every now and again or only under certain conditions will usually fix itself and not generate a fault.  It is only a significant or sustained error that will keep the accumulator counting up.  Once the accumulator reaches 100 it will apply the 1800RPM limiter, turn off the E-throttle relay and log faults (CE Light etc).  

Ok thanks for the info. I will keep an eye out on the accumulator. That error scenario seems slightly different to mine however as if it applies the 1800RPM limit it shouldnt stall out the engine?. When the rpm limit came up on the logging during dyno day it did not light a CEL it was just an internal code I think. The engine would literally be idling at 700RPM for 5 minutes then all of a sudden completely stall with no struggling etc. Sometimes it would do it withing a few minutes, sometimes it would idle fine for 10minutes then stall etc. I would have to turn ignition off and the back on to get the car to start again (if it did tbe stall sympton i couldnt restart it without restarting ecu)

I have done a re calibration of the APS and TPS just now. The TPS still sits at around 8.4% when no foot on the throttle. Attached a new log but think that will show the same as the previous log. Should TPS Main be at 0% when no foot on accelerator pedal engine off. 

E throttle logging 2.pclr

Edited by Brendon001

The TP Main should be at about 8% as that's including the idle table and probably the startup step added.  The main thing we are looking for is that the TP main and TPsub read the same.  Before TP Sub said 14.7% while the TP main said 8.4%.

Note you have attached the map, not the log.

Actually looking at it again it is probably not far off correct, at 0% they are probably close enough and the TP error accumulator is only giving very small occasional blips so it doesnt look like this is your problem.  Can you try capturing this stalling event in a log?