Poor TPS voltage range

Patches

My car is a 98 Toyota Starlet Glanza V which I've wired a Link Atom 1 ECU using the Link loom A.

While tuning I noticed the TPS range is only reading 3.31-4.55V. Its a Nissan Skyline GTR TPS which was brand new when fitted. I think due to the poor range its quite difficult to do small adjustments with the throttle and its making the accel enrichment harder to tune.

I checked the GTR forums and they expect 0.45-4.45 as the correct range. I'm assuming the throttle would move roughly the same amount for both cars unless I'm mistaken.

I have attached my map and a log file.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Log 2018-06-4 6;28;45 pm.llg

a-starlet-6-4.pclr

29 minutes ago, Brad Burnett said:

To me it sounds as if the TPS is not seated correctly on the throttle body and it is not seeing full range of motion.

Just curious why you are not using the factory Toyota sensor?

It seems to be pretty solid in place, I will remove the throttle body to investigate.

The factory sensor is an switch type sensor rather than variable. The auto glanza TPS is variable but has a different throttle body so isn't interchangeable. 

On 6/24/2018 at 9:34 AM, Adamw said:

Can you confirm your wiring is connected like pic below.

Also if that looks ok, could you measure the resistance between black and white when closed and again when open.

3V2Y4WR.png

Hi Adam thanks for the reply. I used that exact picture to wire up the tps so I'm hoping it's correct.

I'm not able to get near the car until the weekend but will double check the wiring and take notes of resistance

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2018 at 9:34 AM, Adamw said:

Can you confirm your wiring is connected like pic below.

Also if that looks ok, could you measure the resistance between black and white when closed and again when open.

3V2Y4WR.png

The signal and voltage wires were mixed up! Working perfectly now. Thanks for the help!