EZ30R MAP

Skinnydactyl

You had a few settings wrong mostly to do with fuel.  I have fixed them in the version below.

1. Fuel table numbers were too small for modelled mode.  
  2. Lambda target overlay was enabled and was commanding a Lambda between 8-200?
  3. Fuel system type changed to MAP referenced.

It looks like you havent done the trigger calibration so you need to do that.  The rest will just be tuning.

604246050_EZ30rv1.0 fixed.pclr

What you have there is actually a passable base map given you can start the engine with it. 

There are all kinds of small things but the biggest one is that you have what looks like a fuel table from a "traditional" tune but the fuelling is set to modelled. Try copying the numbers from the monsoon base map into your fuel table and try starting it again. You also have your injectors configured as 810cc @ 285KPA. factory injectors are 270 @ 300kpa if you are still running these. These numbers need to be accurate for modelled mode to work well.

"smaller" things that you should also change:

under fuel main>fuel system type, you have "none". This should match whatever you've currently got setup on your fuel rails. factory EZ30's changed from what was actually a MAP referenced regulator feeding returnless rails, to a true returnless system in either 05 or 06.

you have no lambda input, this makes tuning MUCH easier.

You dont have an intake temp sensor hooked up

Probably turn off 4d fuel table and IAT correction (modelled mode handles IAT internally)

you have nothing hooked up to trigger or read AVCS. Have a look at some of the Honda Vtec maps for methods of switching to secondary fuel and ignition tables for when this is activated.

Run the VVT cam angle test process if you havent already - neither your trigger 2 or DI1 VVT offset match the expected ones from the help file. 

and it looks like you're running the same TPS signal to both TPS main & sub. There are 2 position outputs on the factory ethrottle motor, you should run 1 to main and 1 to sub.

1 hour ago, Skinnydactyl said:

is it normal to get some trigger errors

It depends under what conditions those appeared.  It is not uncommon to see one or two during start up or shut down but you dont really want any when the engine is running under normal operating conditions.

Are you seeing the error counter incrementing when running?  Is it running any better with those last changes?

I only had a very quick look, few things that caught my eye:  Your alternator is not working so deadtimes will be having a bigger impact than normal.  The bouncing at the end of your log is overrun fuel cut turning on and off.  Throttle is open 14% when pedal is at zero, not sure if thats on purpose or not.  42 deg ign timing.

Try changing the injector flow rate or fuel pressure setting to get AFR closer.

The log says you had 3% ish of accelerator pedal for most of it. Is that correct? If not, you need to re-run you ethrottle calibration.

As Adam says its requesting (and getting) ~14% throttle opening which is a lot for idle and will explain your 3k rpm idle. Your ethrottle APS>target table is only requesting ~3% but it looks like you have 10% additional angle coming from somewhere. Have you set the idle base position tabale to have 10% in it anywhere since you posted that map?

What fuel pressure are you actually running? do you have a gauge on your regulator? the earlier map is configured to calculate fuel delivery at 285KPA but if you are running higher pressure than this, you will be gettign more fuel that the ECU expects and running rich.

still have no enjoy with this car

i changed the injectors out for some stock light blue from a wrx 440cc seemed to help rail presure is set to 45psi injectors are 440 at 43.5 

also put alternator back on car

i fixed ethrottle issues 

wired the second cam sensor for vvt up not sure if that was issues

but now to car wont run im at a lose at this point 

also cant get the tacho to work on my gc8 even it sent up as it should be 

once again guys thanks 

EZ30r v1.3.pclr

7 hours ago, Skinnydactyl said:

but now to car wont run im at a lose at this point 

Does it cough or backfire or do anything at all?  It was running with the old injectors wasnt it?

7 hours ago, Skinnydactyl said:

also cant get the tacho to work on my gc8 even it sent up as it should be 

I wouldnt worry too much about that yet, but if you put aux 4 in "test (pwm)" mode & 100Hz, does the tacho move?

Yea the old injectors were decaped so just to rule they r the issue I've got back to 440 as I no they r right 

It was running not great yesterday on the new injectors was alot better but seemed like it wasn't running on six as the nly one exhaust manifold was getting hot the other was barley warm but today it wouldn't even really cough 

Tacho can wait just another thing to tick off

There are no obvious clues in the log but can definitely see the engine is not happy.  Its making no vacuum and it needs like 15-20% throttle to get it to 2000RPM.

Have you done an injector and ignition test to confirm all ign/inj drives are wired to the correct cylinders?

Its very rich in the log, did you try removing fuel so lambda is closer to something normal?

Have you checked base timing?

Is this engine a known runner or has it been apart recently?