RX8 DBW throttle pinout

Pon_Pandem

Foot position (accel pedal sensor) in each diagram, the top wire is 5v, middle is signal, bottom is sensor ground.

app-sensor2.JPG.cbd02cdf16444ca18d5954c8b12eed17.JPGapp-sensor1.JPG.c6795b19237b815340e01363e7b17f09.JPG

TPS wiring. A&B are not listed as having a function here, and are the ethrottle +/- drives. +5v and sensor ground wires are shared between both sensors on the TPS.

tp-sensor1.JPG.76ba49e7fdd59d5c0f0499f5f65ff751.JPGtp-sensor2.JPG.8dfe724c6b4bcc0b76cc064e2dc86167.JPG

• 1 year later...
On 9/30/2018 at 10:47 AM, Adamw said:

Here is the RX8 throttle info from 5.6.6:

RQVd0Pz.png

Hello Adamw,  in attached photo there is a relay for generic wiring ethrottle. Now I will install mazda rx8 throttle to honda b18c engine with link xtreme black ecu for my customer. Am I need to wire relay ? ( Because one of my tuner friend used rx8 throttle on audi tt plugin ecu without relay and it works great). And when you have time can you please check my cal and log on bmw s50b30 engine I attached on link ecu forums: 

FD10D125-AA59-4AB9-966E-E17529C5DBBF.png

@Knox you don't need to wire the relay like that, however if you don't follow the diagram above then the ecu cannot provide any safety to disable the throttle body should it fail in any way. 

example : if for any reason your driving and the DBW faults and gets stuck in the open position you will have to try and quickly turn the car off... if you wire it correctly as above then the Link will shut down the DBW for you. 

Hope that helps 

9 hours ago, Knox said:

Am I need to wire relay ? ( Because one of my tuner friend used rx8 throttle on audi tt plugin ecu without relay and it works great).

The E-throttle relay is strongly advised, you will lose some of the safety functionality without it.  The Audi TT is originally a E-throttle car so the E-throttle relay is factory fitted, already part of the wiring.