Erratic sensor signals, unstable 5v supply

Simon Kribstock

Just plugged in my WRX6 plug-in ECU for the first time. Upon switching the ignition to "on", engine "off", I immediately heard my IACV cycling. I connected to my ECU via PClink, and noticed erratic readings. I updated the firmware and readings remained. I flashed a tune with the proper calibrations for my MAP sensor, injectors, etc. and performed a TPS calibration. Erratic sensor readings remained and now included an erratic TPS signal. 

Another issue I'm running into is a repeated request to unlock the ECU.

Any ideas?

Attached is a video screenshot.  Please excuse my post edits haha. Haven't figured out how to remove dupilcate videos

For the "ECU unlock problem", whats your PC Link version and firmware version?  View these in Help>about and Help>ecu information.  Has it actually been unlocked?

For the erratic sensor readings problem, the only thing I can think of that all of those sensors has in common is the 5V supply and the sensor ground.  Can you have a look at the runtimes screen (F12), ECU status tab, and tell us if the 5V looks stable.  Pic below to show where to find it:

dzbart.png

PCLink v5.6.5.3338, Firmware 5.6.5.3389 I have unlocked it once

I noticed tonight I had a fault code 74: analog 5v supply error. Not sure why I didn't see that yesterday. Checked the runtimes screen and it was fluctuating below 1volt.

Only wiring modification was s 01-07 WRX STi Omni 3bar MAP sensor so I disconnected it and everything seemed cured. I may have used some bad pinout info from a unnamed forum :(.  I'll re-pin tomorrow and see how it works.

57 minutes ago, Simon Kribstock said:

PCLink v5.6.5.3338, Firmware 5.6.5.3389 I have unlocked it once

There should be no problems with those versions.  If you go to >ecu controls>ecu unlock, are all the "unlocked features" checkboxes showing as checked?