Deadtimes base maps.

shrug

Is the deadtimes that come with plugin base maps suited to the factory injectors? I’m struggling to find reliable deadtimes, it all seems to be conflicting information regarding these injectors and everyone has different deadtimes listed. 

No, consider the basemaps something to allow you to get the engine starting and driving only, they will need tuning to suit your engine.  Most of our plug-in base maps have come from tuned/running near stock cars but they may not have been dead stock and in many cases the plug-in ecu’s cover several models of similar cars the have very different injectors.

pretty sure most of the Honda's use the 240cc injectors in the vtec range.

everywhere I look has completely different deadtimes for them so its getting rather frustrating.

might just throw them out and put a set of evo injectors in it

In my opinion Dead Times are overrated (a great starting point) because they are actually only correct for the same environment they were tested in, your be better off just tuning it and then looking at the bottom of the map and seeing if the bottom line does not look right, if the deadtimes are not high enough you will have an upturned map at the bottom, to check the linearity of the deadtime table disconnect your alternator and monitor battery voltage against AFR and adjust as the voltage drops and adjust as required, for voltages above your max alternator voltage just keep the table linear.

• 4 weeks later...