Help with link g4+ atom

Jamesn

Hey guys have a link g4+ atom, i have aftermarket water and oil temp gauges and senders. Can i get the temps to show on my link display on laptop and also the gauges (splice the wires to the ecu and gauge?) Just as wanting to double check readings as my water seams to always say 120 degrees even at cold. If so what settings would i have to put on laptop to show them. Many thanks 

James

Hi James,

Unfortunately not, you will really need to use a separate sensor for the gauge and ecu.

What device "always says 120 degrees even at cold" - the gauge or the ECU?  If it is the ECU we can diagnose that fairly easy. 

Ok cool thanks so i could just wire the ecu directly to the sensors and not use the gauges?. And the water temp gauge is saying 120degrees so im thinking gauge might be broken.

Have another question.. when i got my engine wired at auto electrician they wired up the fan to come on at a certain temp? Im pretty sure thats the usual way it works, correct me if im wrong. Is there a setting i can lower temp down to come straight on or even just an on button. Reason being just want to check that fan is all going so i know it will kick on at certain temp when set to. 

No sorry gtihk i dont no what linearization curve of the sensor is all new to this lol

To test the fan just find the aux output that is assinged to "engine fan", go to its settings, change its function to "Test (ON)", the fan should turn on.  You need to change the function back to engine fan after testing.

The temperature settings for the fans are down the bottom of the aux outputs menu.  

A pic to give you a few clues where to look - yours might be slightly different.

9JB2dNz.png

Many thanks for the help ended up working and could test.

I have one more question, rb20det is in my 1988 ford courier, i have a tacho in it as factory but cant seam to wire it to engine, i decided to get a 2" tacho (this was before link ecu) but now i have a link i am woundering can i display it onto my pc and if so what wires could i splice and to what pin? Also could i hook a wire of that to read tacho for when i dont have pc. Cheers James

Sorry, it is not clear what you want to do.  If you want to use a tablet for a dash then all you need is the usb cable, no wiring needed.  If you want to run a tacho from the ecu then you will need to connect it to an aux output or spare ignition output.

Sorry if that was unclear, minds thinking faster then can message haha. I have a laptop tablet but since i have no rpm gauge im wanting to wire one up and view on laptop. Do i take a feed of the crank sensor or something like that and put the feed into an aux output so i can get the rpm gauge to work or should it already be wired ? Hopefully that makes a bit better sence

The ECU is already connected to the crank sensors, it already knows RPM otherwise it wouldnt be able to run the engine.  You shouldnt need to do any wiring.  Just open up a new page in PC link and add a gauge to it and assign it to engine speed.